OT: Sayings you hate

• Members

Not sure if these have been covered - big thread!

"Turnkey solution"
translation: It is completely useless without extensive modification.

"scalable"
translation: Whether you have one user or one thousand users, our software will allow them to get nothing done with the same level of efficiency.

"Integrates with existing systems"
translation: Our "integration experts" will be permanent fixtures on your payroll, for the reasonable rate of 125 dollars an hour.

"Think outside of the box"
translation: We need you to come up with wild-ass, unworkable ideas to divert attention from upper managements' own wild-ass, unworkable ideas.

"Solution"
translation: The product has no clear purpose or definition.

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

"Turnkey solution"

"scalable"

translation: Whether you have one user or one thousand users, our software will allow them to get nothing done with the same level of efficiency.

translation: Our "integration experts" will be permanent fixtures on your payroll, for the reasonable rate of 125 dollars an hour.

translation: We need you to come up with wild-ass, unworkable ideas to divert attention from upper managements' own wild-ass, unworkable ideas.

"Solution"

Exactly....LOL

• Members

When people type "bare with me", or ask for "advise", or say "to" instead of "too" or don't know the difference between "there", "they're" and "their"... :freak:

Homonyms make it right through a spell-checker but the person still comes out sounding like they failed fifth grade.

• Members

jargon

in the pocket

what dis is

true dat

bro

anyone who tries to "high five" you, just kill me!!

really anyone who tries to use big words to sound smart. The ones that really get me are when they use them wrong.

oh, and heres one I get sick of hearing at practice

BRUTAL!

• Members

Since I'm by myself quite a bit ... I usually only utter my own gibberish words then ... "Sessa seeohn ... lady bjohn ... messa seeohn ... shantu ... reeechon .. unjeru! ... Mijon!!! and much more ... (although the spellings have yet to be finalized because I don't write any of this down ... I'm not THAT crazy! )

I'm in the very long process of creating a sort-of esperanto-like gibberish that combines the sonic qualities of French, Spanish, English as well as Asian and Middle Eastern languages ...

I use these words as 'dummy' lyrics when I can't immediately think of something that actually makes sense ...

• Members

My Top Ten:

1. Pissing Calvins

2. Praying Calvins (only because they remind me of #1)

3. W stickers

4. My____ is an Honor Student at _____

5. Rims (not a saying, but still hate 'em)

6. Yosemitie Sam "Back Off!" mud flaps

7. Any vanity plate with a message that cannot be deciphered. This should be a felony.

8. B/C for because

9. "I know just how you feel." (The hell you do!)

10.:wave:

• Members

"Turnkey solution"

"scalable"

"Solution"

Do you work for the same company I do ??? :eek:

Archived