Comments on MXR Dyna-comp? Just picked one up...

panther_king

• Members

Well, almost. Local GC had it in their used pedal bin for $20 bucks, so I figured it would be worth a shot. Just have to wait the 20 days for the legal 'police need to make sure it's not stolen after it was pawned' mumbo jumbo. It'll be just in time for Christmas though. Anyways, I was wondering if anyone had some experience, comment, and tips about them. I've been looking at a compressor for a bit, and thought it would be a decent one to tool around with for $20 bucks.

Also note, any little bit of noise it might make will be negated by the Decimator or Rocktron hush I am sure to be picking up soon too, so I probably wont have to deal with it much :cop:

• Members

I tried one but didn't like it. It's actually the only pedal I've ever bought that isn't on my board right now. I think the problem is that I don't like compressors in general rather than this one in particular.

I had the same reaction, but then tried the comp side of the Route 66 and got the sound I was expecting.

• Members

Yeah... there's a reason I bought the one I did at $20 dollars :poke:

Seriously... I'm sure I could find some mods, have somebody do them for me, and still come in under 100, if I ABSOLUTELY had to spend the money.

But at $20, I'm sure it'll do it's job fine.

Monte Allums will mod it, and i hear only good things about his mods

Archived