So who ruined SPAM for the rest of the forum?

NITEFLY182

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hey chicken little, you might not be aware that this forum actually existed before you graced it with your presence (back when the artist currently known as BrianPhase90 was known as the artist currently known as the artist formerly known as BrianPhase90). There used to be no spam rules and things managed to function just fine. The solitary spam thread is better, but I don't think individual spam threads necessarily spells doom...but thanks anyway.

+1

• Members

Mass punishment sucks, but it works. I'm sure the thread will be reopened soon, maybe after the violators receive numerous PMs about how they F-ed it up for everyone. Non hostile PMs of course.

{censored} that, man.

this forum without the spam thread already makes me want to move over to hauntingmids or something...

HM's invitation only. But I see your point - and of course, you're welcome to explore other forum alternatives if you dislike it here.

sure, there were people not following the rules.... but this sort of kindergarten {censored} where everyone has to suffer is pretty lame.

This "kindergarten {censored}", as you so eloquently put it, was meant to make a point. I don't like having to play nursemaid and wipe people's noses for them week after week, and the spam thread rules are there for a reason. I've been damn accommodating about that thread - I've edited and modified the rules based on member feedback and majority preferences - hell, I'M the admin that went to bat for everyone and fought for at least the ability to have ONE spam thread per forum to begin with, when others were suggesting we eliminate ALL spam threads. And in return, I get week after week of people either claiming ignorance or just outright ignoring a few basic rules. :rolleyes:

So as for that point I mentioned, I'm closing the spam thread for a couple of days to make the point that it doesn't HAVE to be there, and to make sure as many people as possible are, once again, reminded of the rules. I figured I'd leave it closed until sometime Monday. I know it's going to cause a bit of a {censored}storm, but that is just free advertising for the points I'm trying to make. :poke:

And as I said in the other thread about this subject, I sincerely apologize to the vast majority of you who do use the spam thread responsibly and follow the rules. The spam thread will return shortly.

• Members
HM's invitation only. But I see your point - and of course, you're welcome to explore other forum alternatives if you dislike it here.

This "kindergarten {censored}", as you so eloquently put it, was meant to make a point. I don't like having to play nursemaid and wipe people's noses for them week after week, and the spam thread rules are there for a reason. I've been damn accommodating about that thread - hell, I'M the admin that went to bat for everyone and fought for at least the ability to have ONE spam thread per forum to begin with, when others were suggesting we eliminate ALL spam threads. And in return, I get week after week of people either claiming ignorance or just outright ignoring a few basic rules.
:rolleyes:

So as for that point I mentioned, I'm closing the spam thread for a couple of days to make the point that it doesn't HAVE to be there, and to make sure as many people as possible are, once again, reminded of the rules. I figured I'd leave it closed until sometime Monday. I know it's going to cause a bit of a {censored}storm, but that is just free advertising for the points I'm trying to make. :poke:

And as I said in the
other thread
about this subject, I sincerely apologize to the vast majority of you who do use the spam thread responsibly and follow the rules. The spam thread will return shortly.

Let'm have it Phil.:thu:

• Members
Well it seems it a {censored} you to a dozen or so people. How {censored}ing hard is it to read
BOLD TEXT
. Unreal! Simple rules to follow!

Meh. Looks like most of the folks who got zapped are old-timers who don't come around that often and might not know that there are now RULES on the span thread.

That make it a lot less fun than it used to be :(

• Members
Meh. Looks like most of the folks who got zapped are old-timers who don't come around that often and might not know that there are now RULES on the span thread.

That make it a lot less fun than it used to be
:(

Yeh, poor old guys. :rolleyes: Ignorance is no defence. The 'old timers' should know better.

• Members

I'd say the spam threads are a very valuable service to the forum, as it provides an arena for a smaller group of people (many of whom know each other) to trade.

Now, if I were to post in the spam thread (once they're open again) I'd make sure to actually spend the few seconds it takes to write what I'm selling/buying/trading in the post. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has signatures turned off (it makes for a much less cluttered view), and won't see squat if you only write "see sig" in your spam post...

Now, back to the regular bickering :cop:

/Andreas

Archived