A (high-interest) loan to buy gear, anyone done this?

Loobs

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You can use Take it away to finance the purchase of any kind of musical instrument, whether new or reconditioned, from a tabla to a tenor horn, a bass guitar to a berimbau. You can also include music stands, stools, sheet music, amplifiers, equipment and sometimes tuition as part of your loan.

Seems like you can get most stuff, except pa and recording equipment.

• Members

{censored}! I went through all that {censored} with that second hand Vox because Rose Morris lied and told me it was only on instruments.

They owe me about two months of my life back, Heartfeltdawn the speaker that he lent me but got lost in the post, Melx a pat on the back, that Welsh {censored} that sold me the Vox a slap and me about

• Members
{censored}! I went through all that {censored} with that second hand Vox because Rose Morris lied and told me it was only on instruments.

They owe me about two months of my life back, Heartfeltdawn the speaker that he lent me but got lost in the post, Melx a pat on the back, that Welsh {censored} that sold me the Vox a slap and me about

• Members

{censored}, not good, just checked and they are on that same scheme. Looks like they are the only one on denmark street that are. Maybe they didn't want to do it on amps or something.

How recently was it actually, I remember my mate bought a new kit a couple of years ago and it was the end of one scheme, just before the current one, it could have been different.

It was maybe July...

I'm pissed because not only did the Vox Affair inconvenience me, but also Fellow Forumites who out of their own goodness, helped me out.

Andy (HFD) sent me a new speaker to try in it, which never arrived! Not cool. He got it insured, luckily, but that's not the point.

• Members

NONONONONONONONO! Don't do it!! I don't know if there are companies like Musician's Friend or Music123 that ship to the UK, they offer financing. And if you can't afford to finance it, than you also can't afford to save for it, though saving would be a better idea. Borrow amps, get a mini POD or other multifx and run direct. Trust me, the audience won't know much of a difference.

• Members

dude, almost all music websites i've been on have some sort of financing plan, many of which are no interest.

This isn't a bad idea as well, and if you're after new gear quick Loobs.. I can't say anything bad about it.

I bought my Tele Deluxe this way, and Scott (duncan) bought pretty much everything he has the same way, financing at a music store. I'd do it again... and probably will soon with a good set of studio monitors.

• Members

You'll end up not keeping up with the payments, which will hinder your credit rating. In the event of a real emergency like a medical condition, no one will want to lend it to you. Just go with some of the suggestions here, don't loan for gear and just buy a cheap nice sounding SS amp.

Archived