OT: The Official Ampeg Lounge.

• Members

i recently plugged my guitar directly into my early 70's v4 running through 4 4x12 cabs, and turned the volume to 10...it was awesome.

i use to hate how much it would overdrive because i bought it purely for cleans. now though, with the help of a vintage mxr 6 band eq, i love pushing it into grinding tube saturation. one of my new favorite tones.

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

i recently plugged my guitar directly into my early 70's v4 running through 4 4x12 cabs, and turned the volume to 10...it was awesome.

i use to hate how much it would overdrive because i bought it purely for cleans. now though, with the help of a vintage mxr 6 band eq, i love pushing it into grinding tube saturation. one of my new favorite tones.

How many Watts is it?

• Members

Anyone else have a problem where the fx loop on their Reverberocket is extremely quiet? I find I get a volume drop if I am using the loop for some reason.

Edit: I should clarify. The signal going out from the send jack seems to be extremely low. For example, I can't even get it to clip my DMM with the DMM level at full. However, the overall volume if I plug back in isn't extremely different. There is a pretty noticeable extra hum when I use the loop as well and, oddly, if I have a dummy cable plugged into the Line In jack while I'm plugged into the dirty channel I get a weird scratchy tone.

• Members

Ok, problem guys.

I was just playing with my guitar plugged directly into the Line In on the effects loop of my Reverberocket (which sounds really good by the way). I then kicked on a fairly mild boost pedal and the sound became crackly for a second, then my power on lamp turned off and the amp went silent. So...I am hoping I blew either a fuse or a power tube... Any ideas?

• Members

Sorry no pics but currently...

1968/69(?) SB-12 Portaflex (fliptop) 7868 Power Tubes
1966 Gemini 1
1967/68(?) B-15nf Portaflex (fliptop)
VT-22
V4

Both the VT-22 and V4 need some work. The VT-22 is on the bench now and I'm using the V4 for some extra parts.

AL

• Members
pew pew

n25500265_35750193_7259.jpg

That's an Ampeg Heavy Stud correct? There was also a Super Stud, Heavy Stud and a Big Stud I think. Best guitar names ever.

I think the Stud and Super Stud were SG like, the Heavy Stud was a Tele and the Big Stud was the bass. There may have been a Little Stud bass too. It's confusing.

AL

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Members

v4's are retardedly loud. might wanna get some new tubes?

• Members

I recently got my Reverberocket Reissue back from the shop. I had shorted a capacitor in the power section with some bad power tubes, so while i was at it i had it modded to have an external speaker jack. That thing sounds really sick through my Avatar 2x12 cab, now.

Archived