OT: The Official Ampeg Lounge.

• Members

When I saw the Kings of Leon a few years back, both guitarists were using either reverbrocket or jet amps, no idea which though because it was a huge outdoor festival and I was a long way from the stage.

ps sign me up for the Ampeg club! I've got a Superjet that I absolutely love. They really do take pedals amazingly well.

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Dan from the Black Keys used to rock the Gemini and the Reverbrocket all of the time, before he started using that Marshall and Super Reverb.

I love the black keys and i think dan's tone was way better in the earlier days of the band. I was watching their new dvd the other day and I was thinking his tone and the overall performance were {censored} compared to their first dvd. In that dvd from australia he has crazy good tone, while the new dvd sounds really muddy to me. They've gone downhill since rubber factory imo. Oh and the kings of leon's first two albums are {censored}ing fantastic but the last two are kind of {censored}ty.

I believe dan was using bassman's and twin reverbs live most of the time though. The only two times I've seen them that was what he was using. I think he used the ampegs mostly for recording.

• Members

I'm in! I picked up a Super Jet reissue a couple months back. Man, what a kick-ass amp! I need to get some good power tubes for it, has some Sovtek 6L6s in it now. But, I've got NOS Tung-Sol preamp tubes in it, a 5751 in V1 and a 12AX7 in V2. Sweet, sweet, sweet, sweet! :D

You should hear it kicked up with an OCD!

sj_dano.jpg

• Members
I'm in! I picked up a Super Jet reissue a couple months back. Man, what a kick-ass amp! I need to get some good power tubes for it, has some Sovtek 6L6s in it now. But, I've got NOS Tung-Sol preamp tubes in it, a 5751 in V1 and a 12AX7 in V2. Sweet, sweet, sweet, sweet!
:D

You should hear it kicked up with an OCD!

sj_dano.jpg

Nice. I need to pick up some NOS preamp tubes for mine. And some decent power tubes. It's all Groove Tubes right now.

• Members

Are you switching to EL34's for TEH CRUNCH?

Nah, i'm gonna stay 6l6. I like the sound they make when they breakup.

Question for Superjet owners??

Does anyone know what replacement speaker i can fit in there. The tubes hang down behind the speaker. Currently their is about 1/4in. of clearance with the stock ampeg speaker. Can i get a weber in there?

• Members

Does anyone know what replacement speaker i can fit in there. The tubes hang down behind the speaker. Currently their is about 1/4in. of clearance with the stock ampeg speaker. Can i get a weber in there?

I had the same question about speakers. I measured mine, the stock Ampeg speaker, and it's like 5 1/4" deep which is pretty typical. I checked some common Emi speakers like the RW&B and Cannabis Rex and it looks like they'd fit. Don't know about Webers, but I'll bet Ted could give you the dims of any speaker you want.

For power tubes I had a wierd idea. When I checked the bias on mine the plate voltage was around 450v IIRC. I was thinking of putting in a set of JJ 6V6s, which can handle that voltage with no problem, and swapping in a 16 ohm speaker. With the NOS preamp tubes I think the 6V6s might give it a bit more vintage flavor. Don't know if that's what you're looking for, but that's what I'm into.

• Members

Wow, I can't believe how clean that thing is!

It's even cleaner than you think. It's honestly like brand new, and I have the footswitch for the reverb. Recapped and retubed with NOS GE 7027a's just before I got it too, and it has the original vinyl cover. I paid for it though, probably a good 40% above the typical going rate, although that included a bunch of extra tubes as well.

• Members

It's even cleaner than you think. It's honestly like brand new, and I have the footswitch for the reverb. Recapped and retubed with NOS GE 7027a's just before I got it too, and it has the original vinyl cover. I paid for it though, probably a good 40% above the typical going rate, although that included a bunch of extra tubes as well.

That is seriously the nicest V4 I've ever seen.

I'm so jealous.

Does anybody around here know how to re-tolex an amp?

I really want to re-do my VT-40.

• Members

any info on the reissue reverbrocket 2x12 would be extremely appreciated!

you snaggin the one on the spam forums? Cool freaking amp,man. I'd love one.

PS....my bassman just got P'boned, it would seem.

• Members
trading it for a lonestar 2x12

:D

(plus a pedal and moneys)

wait,

are you trading the bassman plus a pedal and money for a lonestar?

that makes sense. i thought you were getting money and a pedal and a lonestar.

hey dude, the lonestar rules. go get em!

and i didnt see an ampeg in any spam forum. where?

• Members

wait,

are you trading the bassman plus a pedal and money for a lonestar?

that makes sense. i thought you were getting money and a pedal and a lonestar.

hey dude, the lonestar rules. go get em!

and i didnt see an ampeg in any spam forum. where?

I know there's one there. I almost bought it.

Actually, here it is.

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2189172&page=2

img0454zr8.jpg

Archived