OT: The Official Ampeg Lounge.

• Members
can i show my ugly V2 in this thread of beautiful maps?
:)

im sorry about the {censored} pictures
:(

2012-07-08152835.jpg

2012-07-08152710.jpg

nice, my v4 is missing a similar patch of tolex on the front, or rear, can't remember. I had the aluminum knobs but put them on a VT-22 I had and sold - hoped the look of the knobs would aid in fetching more money:facepalm: which it did, but it was a silly notion. Anyways, love the look of those knobs.

80121ad9.jpg

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Here's my '72 VT-22. It was a wreck when I bought it, I've been slowly fixing it up although it could still use a cap job. From what I understand, drop-in replacements for the multicaps don't exist anymore so you have to do some fabrication, which is beyond what I'm comfortable doing myself.

Now all I need is a pre-'67 Gemini, and I'll never ask for anything ever again. Except maybe a blueline SVT.

IMG_0040.jpg

IMG_0041.jpg

• Members

:(

tubes or caps? any idea? I know a name of a REALLY good ampeg tech down in providence. If you'd like his name, PM me. He's worked on my b-25b and v4; such a good dude.

It's not tubes, I replaced all of those and it persisted. So, at least I have a set of backup tubes. Thanks for the tech rec. I used to go to a tech near Berklee who's extremely good and also a really nice guy, so probably would take it there, just don't have the scratch right now. Stinks because I'm downsizing to just my Tweaker and the VT-22.

Archived