Stripes on Conan

C Fuzz

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
What's unbelievable is that people actually thought it was good:

http://stereogum.com/archives/video/white-stripes-gently-rock-conans-final-late-night_054041.html

Funny how the opinion of non-musicians (there) can differ so greatly from musicians (here).

"as a both a huge stripes fan and conan fan that was absolutely perfect"

"it being unrehearsed actually added to how good that sounded, definitely memorable."

THE {censored}!?

I like Sterogum...but the people that post there... :facepalm:

• Members

After watching it for the third time it really was a fitting performance for Conan's last late night episode. I mean I didn't expect them to rock the {censored} out of the place, that would have been somewhat inappropriate. Upon viewing it live last night I was a little underwhelmed, especially with Jacks vocal performance. But meh it was nothing real spectacular. It was nice to see Meg really having a good time out there, I love her for that.

• Members

I'm not a white stripes fan, never have been since hotel yoba. I did like dead leaves on the dirty ground.

That said, Jack White is an extremely talented songwriter and guitar player with a good/distinctive voice.

Meg White OTOH has not seemed to improve as a musician despite being 'famous' for the best part of a decade. She is {censored} at drums, has no groove, no timing, no flair and I wonder if she has any creative input at all.

What exactly does she bring to this band?

I haven't seen much footage of them playing, but in both those videos there were moments when jack was making eye contact with meg that reminds me of highschool.

Not in a "hey there, we're in the zone, we're grooving" kind of way but like "OK are ready? this is where you start playing now, ready, go." or "what the {censored} is happening this is {censored}ed".

I dunno.

I suppose being {censored} will always be cool to some.

• Members

I was there too, did you not notice that he said he was sick?

yes i heard that. look at vids or listen to bootlegs months before or after that show and he was "sick" then too.

brendan benson's voice sounds amazing and poweful live though, i was really impressed by him (and his blue paisley tele).

Archived