Would you pay $20,000 for pokemon cards?

Bill Cosby

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I played M:TG and Pokemon. I sold a holo Charizard and made back all the money I spent on the Pokemon stuff. I only played it for less than a year, because I had tired of M:TG and was looking for the hot new thing.

I have most of my M:TG cards at my parent's house in some drawer in my old bedroom. I sold a Library Of Alexandria and a bunch of other various {censored} from The Dark, Homelands, Ice Age and stuff from the Urza's block when I stopped playing. I made my money back on that, too. Luckily for me, I pulled out of CCGs in the middle of 1999 into 2000, so I did pretty well monetarily.

• Members
:facepalm:

You know, there is probably pokemon forums out there somewhere going
:facepalm:
over $20,000+ guitars.

There's a big difference though. While that may be a lot to pay for a plank of wood with some strings on it, people will still actually be playing with them in ten years.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members
who didnt play pokemon.

pokemon3.gif

in all honesty i didnt, i collected them, but didnt have a {censored}ing clue how the hell to actually play the game. I think this guy would have benefited a bit more had he tried to sell these maybe 10 years ago :facepalm:

unless they are as big as they were when i was young, i dont hear many kids talking about em much these days :idk:

nothing will ever be as big as yoyos lol

• Members
who didnt play pokemon.

pokemon3.gif

me... im 25. I missed that whole thing by years... i was like 13 when that stuff came out. I was trying to get my mouth on some junior high school girls boobs at that point. :cool:

now it were 7500 POGS we would be in business!! :thu:

Archived