Nominations for a poll... best Elliot Easton solo

• Members

I crank the solo to 'Shake It Up' everytime - short but sweet.

That dude could play his ass off and just about every solo he ever did was really tasty and memorable.

Shake It Up is really, really good. I like Candy-O a lot, too. Best Friends Girl deserves consideration just because everything he played on that song--including the tasty solo--was so different than 90% of the other Cars stuff.

• Members

Candy-O, probably my favorite Cars song/solo but there are really so many. Elliot's tones on that album are so sublime, anyone have any ideas what fuzz(es) he used?

yeah, i vote for Candy-O

also, still love the solo to "Just What I needed"

"Nightspots" --insane guitar tone on that one.....

• Members

Shake It Up is really, really good. I like Candy-O a lot, too. Best Friends Girl deserves consideration just because everything he played on that song--including the tasty solo--was so different than 90% of the other Cars stuff.

but exactly like "i will" from the beatles.

but exactly like "i will" from the beatles.

The riff is from I Will - the solo is pure Easton. :)

The reason why that solo, which is a lot different than a lot of the other Cars solos, works so well is that it fits the song. Ocasek's Buddy Holly in outer space vocals and the rest of the song, has a bit of a rockabilly vibe happening, and IMO, the solo accentuates that.

• Members

The riff is from I Will - the solo is pure Easton.
:)

The reason why that solo, which is a lot different than a lot of the other Cars solos, works so well is that it fits the song. Ocasek's Buddy Holly in outer space vocals and the rest of the song, has a bit of a rockabilly vibe happening, and IMO, the solo accentuates that.

i can't hear it in my head, i'll have to check it out.

• Members

is probably my favorite Cars song, and the guitar work is some of my favorite. He even looks like he loves to play it. You see it in his facial expression. That's always telling.

I've always loved all of the textures in "Heartbeat City." I'm never quite sure if the synths are actually guitars, which is something I'm really into.

Archived