Who here plays a partscaster... either Strat or Tele

Belt

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Here's mine:

strat.jpgwarmoth1.jpgjawa2.jpg

Partsocaster strat - the only things on it I know what they are is the pickguard (chandler) and pickups (Fender Texas Specials, with a Fralin baseplate under the bridge p/u). The rest is unknown stuff... I have no idea what the body wood is, but the neck is definitely birdseye maple (crappily "reliced" by a previous owner, but now very comfortably worn in by me :D).

Warmoth Telecaster - not built by me, I got it in a trade. Walnut/Ash body, birdseye maple neck, Schaller locking tuners, GFS Fatbody Tele pickups (when the pic was taken, it had different pickups).

Wahlberg custom - this one may not really qualify as a partsocaster, as it was custom built for me in 1991 by a luthier. The neck was built using really old swedish maple from a violin maker's stock, and uses machine bolt inserts instead of regular neck screws. The body is swamp ash from Warmoth, though, so I guess that makes it sort of a partsocaster. It has undergone several rebuilds and mods over the years. It started out as a HSS tilt-neck superstrat with top-mounted gold Floyd Rose (it was 1991, after all :cool: ), and was later rebuilt for a Fender American standard bridge. The top of the fretboard had to be filled in with rosewood to get rid of the Floyd nut, while the neck pocket was levelled out to make the neck sit square with the body. Later, I decided to move to a SSS pickup set, and quite crudely enlarged the bridge pickup rout to fit the single coil. For a brief period, I had a Tele bridge pickup in there as well, which required additional routing (this time a little more neatly done, under the top so it isn't visible from the front). At the moment, it has a GFS Alnico Pro II set in there, with another Fralin baseplate under the bridge pickup.

• Members

Mine? Yes, I like it... :D It's a sort of matte cream white, with the pickguard turning green. It fits me like a glove, but it's not exactly pretty... I had a Candy Apple Red 1984 Tokai strat that I used for TV gigs, but ended up trading it for the Telecaster. No matter what I do, I always end up with the blonde strat... that's definitely my #1.

The strat with tele neck thing started with the Wahlberg (the butt end of its neck is proper strat shape, but with a Tele head). Then the blonde one fell into my lap, and it just happened to have a Tele neck (this time with the more square tele butt end). Now that I lined them up side by side, it definitely looks intentional... thankfully, there are a couple of other guitars in the vault as well, to balance things out :D

• Members
Mine? Yes, I like it...
:D
It's a sort of matte cream white, with the pickguard turning green. It fits me like a glove, but it's not exactly pretty... I had a Candy Apple Red 1984 Tokai strat that I used for TV gigs, but ended up trading it for the Telecaster. No matter what I do, I always end up with the blonde strat... that's definitely my #1.

blonde strats are SEX ON WHEELS.......love them!

• Members

I had a dream last night that I was playing some old dudes fiesta red strat with a maple neck. He had it on a stand in his living room, there was no amp in sight, but when I played it the sound was amplified.

I asked him how much he wanted for it, but he said it wasn't for sale, and that I should get my own.

I've had the image of that strat in my head all day.... and now I want a fiesta red strat. :love:

• Members

i believe in dreams....it's time for you to find a red guitar, three chords, and the TRUTH:thu:

I'd want to go the partscaster route with this one... but I don't got cash to spend on gear right now. I'm trying to set a limit on gear spending for this year, and a new partscaster would make me go way over the top.

I can't get that guitar out of my head though. I could live without food for a month or two right... people do that all the time right?

• Members

I'd want to go the partscaster route with this one... but I don't got cash to spend on gear right now. I'm trying to set a limit on gear spending for this year, and a new partscaster would make me go way over the top.

I can't get that guitar out of my head though. I could live without food for a month or two right... people do that all the time right?

warmoth body and neck, scavenge some parts, and eat ramen noodles....

• Members

warmoth body and neck, scavenge some parts, and eat ramen noodles....

I like good food too much. Plus, if I do this, my GF will have my balls on a platter for dinner.... and I don't want to know what my balls taste like.

This is exactly how the guitar looked too.

fenderc2ae20classic20se.jpg

• Members

I like good food too much. Plus, if I do this, my GF will have my balls on a platter for dinner.... and I don't want to know what my balls taste like.

This is exactly how the guitar looked too.

fenderc2ae20classic20se.jpg

That now has me gassing for one of these

EF7120ang.jpg

I think I would rather have the maple board like above

• Members

Here's the Frankentele
newtele.jpg

It's a MIM body. Neck from a Squier Stagemaster. Seymour Duncan lil '59 in the bridge and a stacked HB in the neck. Sperzel locking tuners. I put on a vintage style bridge and the Bigsby.
I don't like it. And no one wants to buy it.
I'm thinking about doing a little routing and turning it into a deluxe. I'm planning on stripping it down and giving it a new finish and neck too.
Any suggestions?

• Members
Here's the Frankentele

newtele.jpg

It's a MIM body. Neck from a Squier Stagemaster. Seymour Duncan lil '59 in the bridge and a stacked HB in the neck. Sperzel locking tuners. I put on a vintage style bridge and the Bigsby.

I'm thinking about doing a little routing and turning it into a deluxe. I'm planning on stripping it down and giving it a new finish and neck too.

Any suggestions?

:thu:

looks good

• Members
Here's the Frankentele

newtele.jpg

Any suggestions?

I cant believe no one wants to buy it.

You must me asking too much.

• Members
Here's the Frankentele

newtele.jpg

Any suggestions?

how much?

Archived