Remember Ibanez Soundtanks...

hangwire

• Members

The soundtanks were quite good, although the aesthetics didn't lend themselves to marketing, unlike the Boss enclosures (but who knows...).

cheers!

They were good until the switches crapped out. They didn't just look cheap, they were cheap. Too bad-some of them sounded really good.

• Members

I had a few Soundtanks and they never really gave me any problems. My delay did end requiring you to step on it twice to get the effect to engage every now and then but for the price I got them for (about 20 bucks a piece) I couldn't really complain. I've still got a distortion laying around here somewhere.

• Members

My first pedal was a Powerlead. I liked the sound of it (I think the band Hum used them too). It crapped out on me and I bought another one, because they were dirt cheap. Since I got back into effects this past year, I've tried out some more soundtanks. I had the Cyber Drive and the Echo Machine. The Echo Machine was great. The Cyber Drive was really a one trick pony but it could be cool with the right sorts of riffs. I still have a Black Noise. I really like the sound of it. But the switch was getting sticky (which seems pretty common on these pedals), so I'm having it rehoused.

• Members

My first pedal was a Powerlead. I liked the sound of it (I think the band Hum used them too). It crapped out on me and I bought another one, because they were dirt cheap. Since I got back into effects this past year, I've tried out some more soundtanks. I had the Cyber Drive and the Echo Machine. The Echo Machine was great. The Cyber Drive was really a one trick pony but it could be cool with the right sorts of riffs. I still have a Black Noise. I really like the sound of it. But the switch was getting sticky (which seems pretty common on these pedals), so I'm having it rehoused.

a few years ago Devi Ever quested for a Black Noise pedal... and I don't want to misrepresent, but that quest led to the pedal tinkering...

• Members

Wasn't that Cyberdrive supposed to be so horrible that it was awesome? I remember hearing that somewhere, but I could never find one to try out.

it was kinda like a bad incarnation of the Zvex machine... something that you used on gain to produce a weird effect.

• Members
I have a DL5. I can't really attest to the sound, because mine doesn't work. But from what I read, despite the fact that it calls itself a digital delay, it is actually an analog delay.

Nah, it's digital. It actually uses a delay chip from a karaoke machine (true story!). I have two of those, and they sound really nice. I also have an EM5, which is superb.

• Members

a friend used to call them "potato bugs".

I still have the chorus... it was heavily modifiable, and I've got the width, depth, and wet/dry tweaked to the point where it can be a wide pitch shifting vibrato. They were always good pedals to mod because they were cheap (so you're not risking ruining expensive gear) and plastic (easy to drill). I've heard about the reliability issues, but mine has never crapped out on me... and I've been pretty cruel to the poor thing.

• Members
Wasn't that Cyberdrive supposed to be so horrible that it was awesome? I remember hearing that somewhere, but I could never find one to try out.

My first stomp box was an Xtortion. Still got it somewhere.

It's so bad it's..... aw man it just {censored}ing sucks.:facepalm:

Archived