Hollow Earth (v2) *demo video*

tape

• Members

if you're releasing them by may 20th i can get my friend to go pick one up before he comes home.

no chance, sorry. I don't even think I'll be even buying the materials by may 20th!

this is a slow process. I'm only one guy and need to save up the money first.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
I'll splice an expression out clip into this demo in a week or two when I get the parts (I used the wrong ones). Yeah it's basically a photoresistor (with a few adjustment resistors). It's also completelly detached from the rest of the circuit. Range adjustment woudl be the depth knob (just liek for the tremolo) and also the calibration pot most expression pedals have.

What's important though is I can't guarantee it'll be as accurate as a real expression pedal. The depth/range won't be *quite* the same. Light resistor's light/dark curves aren't linear like expression pots are. It's more of a fun extra than a solid feature! If you're counting on controlling chord-accurate pitch shifting with it.... don't.
;)

Nah, I was just hoping to make noise with it.

• Members

got the PMs, thanks

will you be making them by waitlist or by the batch?

batch for the first few dozen, then waitlists. by then I reserve the right to say "it'll only be ready in 3 months" :poke:

• Members

Thanks, Tape.

Are you actually taking any orders, or will it be a first come, first served basis, the way analogue haven sold the Goatkeeper 2?

dan

I explained a bit in the PM but I'll explain a bit more.

I'll give everyone on the email list I'm keeping ample warning (two or three weeks in advance) as to when I'll start selling a small batch of them. I'll do it the Squarewave Parade way, only sell two the first day, wait two days, sell another two, and so on. Untill the first ten are sold. First come first serve on the days I announced ahead of time. Then I'll have to wait a couple months before I do that again.

I realize this is slow, but seeing how I can't build many very quickly, it's the only way that makes sense to me. After the first few batches (like say starting next year) I may start and keep a waiting llist and build on demand.

• Members

hey tape, i pm'd you a couple of days ago but i'm not sure if it ever came through. i'm sure you're getting a lot of pm's, but if it's not too much of a hassle to check, can you let me know if you got it? thanks

you'll have to send it to me again, because I deleted all my PMs after I took down emails (and I have no idea which is yours)

• Members

May be you should take some kind of down payment from those who want to buy it to speed up the building process?

I'd really really much rather have this come out of my own pocket. Yeah it means it'll take longer to have them ready because of saving up and all, but I'm not comfortable at all with debt.

• Members
I'd really really much rather have this come out of my own pocket. Yeah it means it'll take longer to have them ready because of saving up and all, but I'm not comfortable at all with debt.

looks/sounds incredibly good and your business plan is wise... :thu:

Archived