What opening song to play at church?

rdm

• Members

So I get to lead worship at mah church in 2 weeks and need to pick an opening tune. We play pretty much anything that's on the radio. The band will be a drummer, bass, electric, piano and 1 backup....and I'm thinking of 3 songs in particular. Everyone playing that week is a studio pro....so talent will no be lacking.

I chose these 3 songs because I think it might be cool to hear them in a church setting with an updated feel to them.

Disclaimer: I didn't start this thread as a troll thread or to instigate any debates. Strictly a thread to be used to find vote on an opening song.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

None of those...Do 'Piss Up A Rope' by Ween.

i DO that song at some of my solo acoustic gigs....don't think it will "fly" in church, tho :lol::lol::lol:

i also recommend shane mcgowan's "donegal express" for those rowdy pub gigs :thu:

• Members

Hmm so I guess Sympathy for the Devil is out.

Cherub Rock?

Was actually thinking of Sympathy. Not going to do Cherub Rock. I can't pull off that tune with only 1 electric. Wouldn't do it justice.

• Members

Bob Marley? Rastafai?

Who accepts Haile Selassie I, the former Emperor of Ethiopia, as the incarnation of God called Jah or Jah Rastafari and is also seen as part of the Holy Trinity and as the returned messiah promised in the Bible?

yeah, I'd go for that. :confused:

Archived