OT: L.A. Peeps. I am Visiting. What to do?

88mm

• Members

I am joining the wife on a quick business weekend trip to L.A.

I have the 5/5/and 5/6 all day and night leaving later on that Sunday.

Thought you L.A. locals have any shows or know of any shows that are going that weekend. Or any suggestions on what a midwest boy would like to see or check out?

• Members

You HAVE to go to truetone music in Santa Monica... Screw all the other crap in LA.

Oh... If you go to hollywood, eat at 25 degrees. It's a little upscale burger joint connected to the rosevelt hotel. Best burgers around. They also make their own cheese. My only warning is that you need to be willing to pay out the rear if you want alcohol.

• Members

I think we are staying in santa monica at some nice hotel on the beach. I could be wrong on the local.

we are getting a car so we can get around. I that venice beach would be a cool to check out and hang. Burgers are always a good idea.

Thanks for the suggestions .

Anyone else?

• Members

Hmm the Getty Center is a great time and free (world class museum). From there you can cruise sunset and see hollywood. Lots of music stores there, including the first GC which is kinda cool. Amoeba music is my favorite music store ever, its a hollywood landmark. Venice beach and Santa Monica are cool.

Do hit up In and Out, they do it right.

• Members

Why is everyone saying "hit up"?

Because in Los Angeles you have to physically assault people on the street or they'll know you're an outsider. If that happens, then good luck getting out of town without a bunghole full of man-mayonnaise.

• Members

Because in Los Angeles you have to physically assault people on the street or they'll know you're an outsider. If that happens, then
good luck getting out of town without a bunghole full of man-mayonnaise

I thought that was San Fran, not Santa Monica. :lol::lol::lol:

Archived