Is It Possible To Make A Clean Pedal

• Members

If your amp was overdriving, you could use a volume pedal to roll back the distortion. Or use some other drive pedal set clean with the volume turned down to cut the strength of the signal going into your amp. There probably isn't enough demand for anyone to build a pedal that takes your volume down a few dBs.

• Members
If your amp was overdriving, you could use a volume pedal to roll back the distortion. Or use some other drive pedal set clean with the volume turned down to cut the strength of the signal going into your amp. There probably isn't enough demand for anyone to build a pedal that takes your volume down a few dBs.

EHX disagree with you.
signal-pad.jpg

• Members

Couldn't you theoretically build a processor that would look at the pattern of the distorted signal and filter it out, leaving the "clean" signal behind? You might even be able to build an un-distortion pedal that just can be tweaked to the frequency of the distortion source and "un-distort" it. Maybe?

Of course, it's tough to undo damage to a clipped signal, but you'd think you could filter SOME of it out.

• Members

Couldn't you theoretically build a processor that would look at the pattern of the distorted signal and filter it out, leaving the "clean" signal behind? You might even be able to build an un-distortion pedal that just can be tweaked to the frequency of the distortion source and "un-distort" it. Maybe?

Of course, it's tough to undo damage to a clipped signal, but you'd think you could filter SOME of it out.

thats what im saying, i know you can roll ur volume back, ect. but a pedal that will do the exact opposite of a distortion pedal. and still keep ur same volume

• Members

This may sound crazy, but I've seen it done. Well, not literally seen it, but there was a thread here awhile back where a guy posted the innnards of a prototype pedal that someone gave him. It had something to do with what LOOKED LIKE AN INDUCTOR, and none of us could figure it out. It DID make a distorted signal clean, though. It was nuts. Let me see if I can dredge it up...

Archived