NAD!! In fact...NASTD!!! (and no, not new anal std, relax everybody)

• Members

'cause with all the manlove around here it surely would have spread...

but no worries, for alas it is...

NEW SWART ATOMIC SPACE TONE DAY!!! :love:

IMG_4138.jpg

IMG_4118.jpg

mmm purty lights

IMG_4134.jpg

IMG_4135.jpg

IMG_4123.jpg

family shot (messy wires are messy)-

IMG_4115.jpg

:love:

so it actually came yesterday but I uhh... played it. put a treble booster in front of it and some very mellow analog delay and let the amp do the rest... just freaking amazing. gorgeous breakup with the 6V6s, and classic fender tone with hot early breakup when i slid some of my secret stash RCA blackplate 6L6s in there... increased headroom but not by as much as I was expecting, which was a good thing... gorgeous reverb and trem, gets plenty loud enough (but would have to be mic'd for anything more than a small club, but that comes with the territory)

all in all a wonderful compliment to my Super Reverb... love that tweed style sound and this does it in spades, and is just an awesome amp for getting back to basics and putting the effects away... i can tell i'm gonna be doing a lot of recording with this baby.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thanks everybody :love::wave::love:

oh, and-

I thought you were content with the BFSR?

I'm MORE than content with the BFSR, believe me... it'll always be the boss. but i'm not playing out right now and I really don't get to crank it that often, so I rarely get to hear it in all its tube saturated glory. great for pedals at bedroom level and all but I wanted an amp I could just sit down, plug into, and play for hours without messing with pedals all the time. I did a lot of research first on what amp I really wanted, went back and forth on something heavier and el34 based or something tweed style... ultimately i think the tweed style amp breakup is really more *me* and I can get the brootz from pedals. but the Swart is just so damn beautiful right on its own... plug in, set the volume to taste for the breakup level you want, let your guitar volume do the rest... and backing off the guitar volume for cleaner tones + the Swart's glorious reverb is just heaven.

Its no secret I'm a complete {censored}ing pedal whore... so in a way this is a way to kind of bring things back to basics and just play. 'cause yeah, I'm a pretty good "experimental guitarist"... but am I a just a plain old good guitar player? ehh... getting there. but no, not really. So I wanna work on that :thu:

• Members

plus, you can play the SWART at a level that will not hurt ellie lou's hearing

does she still have the bull horn she found at the river?

omg yes its the funniest thing ever

its her most prized posession... she was heartbroken when we made I made it clear it wasn't allowed into the house :lol:

but when she goes out she just trots around with it like the queen of shiba

although it looks like we're gonna be shut in for the next few days... major flood warnings. rain predicted for the next 10 straight days :eek:

i know the state needs it but this sucks for our play time thats for sure

• Members

clips of map please

will do... VERY soon... it does have one issue tho, there is some cab rattle that came about during shipping. gonna have george the amp wiz fix it up proper before i record anything with it, but that is priority #1

its not bad at all but its microphonic... so recording fail for sure

• Members

yeah i was veeeery close to going with the tweed version of that one myself. i think 5 watts is just a liiiittle too hot for me though, after a lot of deliberation and going back and forth between soundclips, hah... but i'm getting all the breakup i wanted out of this guy a lot more easily than I expected to... i think its just the right balance for my playing

Archived