NPD: Algal Bloom & ABSynth

RoboPimp

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
he's got balls the size of 1590BB's

he did an incredible job with holding the art detail on these, I'm thoroughly impressed. Not sure what his method is but it's damn good.

the guts of the ABsynth are remarkably simple but very cleanly put together.

NO BATTERY SNAP?

I like using batteries for me fuzzers... those evil toxic earth killers

plus I have no available 9V power adapters
:cry::lol::cry:

hmm might have to fire up the soldering iron for a little power plant mod...

I'm with you. I prefer the simplicity of using batteries and I prefer not to buy pedals that don't have that option.

• Members
Seriously, i think half of your posts are just "in" etc. Its not funny. Never was. It actually suck balls. My balls. After a game of soccer. Three days in a row.

Nice pedal art my fellow pennsylvanian.

I'm with you.

Pretty stupid to post "in" or "first" like you think it makes you special? WTF is that and who thought it was a good idea?? Does a post count on a freakin website really mean that much to people? :facepalm:

On the topic, they look groovy. I agree with a previous poster tho, Robo has been giving so many other people {censored} for a long time about buying/using boutique pedals that this is going to get him plenty of flack! :lol:

• Members
On the topic, they look groovy. I agree with a previous poster tho, Robo has been giving so many other people {censored} for a long time about buying/using boutique pedals that this is going to get him plenty of flack!
:lol:

thanks,

these are almost too cheap too be called "boutique"

they'd need to raise the price a couple $100.

• Members
I agree with a previous poster tho, Robo has been giving so many other people {censored} for a long time about buying/using boutique pedals that this is going to get him plenty of flack!
:lol:

I dunno why I'm defending Robo here.......(he's more than capable of doing that himself) but the way I see it is he gives stupidly expensive pedals flack. (or overly hyped TS clones) and he laughs at the premise that you NEED to spend lots of money on boutique pedals to get good 'tone'.....I remember him doing a demo of a devi pedal ages ago. I don't see that doing graphics for a company like fuzzhugger is a compromise of his belifs in anyway, I think their pedals are a bargain for handmade stuff.

• Members

Great demo clips!

I have an AB Synth on order too, with the bass mode and bass mode toggle. I would have liked to have it with RoboPimp graphics - if I'd known I'd have waited a few days, but no big deal.

• Members

Serious business though you're a dick if you keep talking {censored} on everyone for using pedals after this. Although, that sort of being the point of trolling, I don't think it will stop you. :wave:

We need to have a Robopimp Good v. Evil hurt-heal thread, with the outcome after a month determining Robopimp's posting habits from now on. A climactic forum war between the angel and the devil on your shoulder.

Or not.

• Members

Ummm, no. I own one. And he crapped on a clip I made using it.

So, in two words, {censored} him.

.....not about owning one!!! :poke:

I was kidding anyway....but I won't say 'the truth hurts' because that's just too school playground for me.

• Members

So, Robo and anyone else who has played both...

thoughts on the algal bloom and the absynth in non-crazy mode?

I've been rocking an AB for a little over 6 months and I think it's almost time to take the absynth plunge.

it's pretty much as described by fuzzhugger (fx), sounds like an algal bloom with the gain starting off where the AB left off.

The ABsynth doesn't have the low gain stuff that the AB does, doesn't seem to clean up as well.

• Members

Along with the $129 Timmy's (ooh, same price as the Fuzzhuggers).

Personally I just think it's cool that a forum member is having his art used on some pedals. I'd be stoked for them who ever it was ........ I think they look great and I think that others do too, they just don't want to admit it so they are ragging on him instead. :idk:

so robo thinks the timmy ain't all that? so what who cares.....I don't think it's that great either.

• Members
Personally I just think it's cool that a forum member is having his art used on some pedals. I'd be stoked for them who ever it was ........ I think they look great and I think that others do too, they just don't want to admit it so they are ragging on him instead.
:idk:

so robo thinks the timmy ain't all that? so what who cares.....I don't think it's that great either.

Point was he's being a hypocrite man.

He bashes Crsxh every time he posts a thread about a pedal. He bashes nearly every boutique pedal maker. And now he's starting spam threads about them because they'll promote his art.

That's hypocritical, period. I like Robo, but if you don't see the truth here, I don't know what to say. Say one thing and do another = hypocrite.

And Robo, you can answer any smartass comment you want to in response to this, but you know the truth. Sucks when someone sees through the veil huh?

• Members
Point was he's being a hypocrite man.

He bashes Crsxh
every
time
he posts a thread about a pedal. He bashes nearly every boutique pedal maker. And now he's starting spam threads about them because they'll promote
his
art.

That's hypocritical, period. I like Robo, but if you don't see the truth here, I don't know what to say. Say one thing and do another = hypocrite.

And Robo, you can answer any smartass comment you want to in response to this, but you know the truth. Sucks when someone sees through the veil huh?

I see it I just don't think it's that bigger deal.

I love Nick bless him but how many times has he said 'OMG, I just got this and it's brilliant...best pedal ever made blah, blah, blah' then found out he flipped it the week after .... Robo is the yin to his yan and I think the forum needs both...one is an anitidote to the other, I just read between the lines of both. :lol:

I don't care that much to be honest, I don't even know why I'm wasting my time typing this, everyone has been (or will be) a hypocrite at some point in their life, we are all human and we all have the weaknesses human nature has given us ..... it's not like he's murdered someone. :)

• Members

Rushfan in a thread or two we'll be back to disagreeing about everything and Ayn Rand still sucks but you hit it pretty much on the head. Owen will downplay it with some snarky comment like he always does but there is a basic hypocrisy here which I really hope leads to him not always {censored}ting on people who buy, use, and demo gear. I'm happy for him because I really like his art and I really like Tommy, and it's cool that they're working something out here; I'm not {censored}-talking what he's doing. I wish that he could drop the act for this thread and just have a goddamned talk like an adult for a change about why he can talk so much useless {censored} about everyone on one hand, and then on the other do something like this. But I don't expect that it will happen.

Still, Owen, congrats on getting your art out in a cool way, and congrats to Tommy too.

• Members

Rushfan in a thread or two we'll be back to disagreeing about everything and Ayn Rand still sucks but you hit it pretty much on the head. Owen will downplay it with some snarky comment like he always does but there is a basic hypocrisy here which I really hope leads to him not always {censored}ting on people who buy, use, and demo gear. I'm happy for him because I really like his art and I really like Tommy, and it's cool that they're working something out here; I'm not {censored}-talking what he's doing.
I wish that he could drop the act for this thread and just have a goddamned talk like an adult for a change about why he can talk so much useless {censored} about everyone on one hand, and then on the other do something like this. But I don't expect that it will happen.

Still, Owen, congrats on getting your art out in a cool way, and congrats to Tommy too.

Yeah, I didn't think I'd ever agree with you, but you got it on this one. Especially the bold type. I think his ego is too big to come clean though.

Archived