NPD: Algal Bloom & ABSynth

RoboPimp

• Members

They're two boring glitchy fuzzes, not like there's weeks worth of {censored} to uncover.
been dere dun dat.

ahh yes, here to help musicians make music with yet another glitchy fuzz.

i lol'd

taste of own medicine'd :lol:

buuuuut... if robo was gonna pick a couple of pedals to collaborate with somebody on w/ art and sound... he chose wisely :thu:

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
The controls on those pedals will let you approximate any sort of state of dying battery you prefer. It's one of the attractive things about Tommy's designs, they utilize interesting tone-shaping that goes right for the clipping itself quite directly rather than filtering frequencies one way or another before or after it.

Stab'D Fuzzfactory99002.jpg' alt='>'>

• Members

And it sounds better in my opinion, both making normal sounds and doing out-there stuff. Plus you can quickly turn the oscillation on and off standing up without twiddling any pedal knobs.

There are other pedals that give you a voltage control, too, I didn't say "unique to this pedal," I just said interesting.

• Members

that sounds cool,

my wife is an amazing painter, how did you go about using the acrylics?

I just stripped off whatever finish was on there with sandpaper and then some paint thinner, put on a coat of primer and then just painted whatever I wanted using standard acrylics and paintbrushes. Let it dry for a couple of days, then put about 5-6 coats of spray lacquer on it, letting each coat dry for about 3 hours, then a for about 3 days at the end just to make sure it hardened all the way.

• Members

NO BATTERY SNAP?

I like using batteries for me fuzzers... those evil toxic earth killers

:lol:

Without getting into the debate on batteries (yeah, I do subscribe to this)...

The Starve/Texture knob lets you start at full voltage (whether 9v or 12v) and quickly dial in any amount of squishy-dying-battery-ness. Not a dying battery simulator, but an actual 1:1 does-the-exact-thing knob. :)

As soon as cost allows me to do Li-ion batteries, I swear I'm going to build pedals with them inside. Of course, rechargeable through the jack...but they'd probably last forever.

• Members

Nice demos robo...usually I have to stack a few devi's to get weird arpeggiator sounds.

thanx

I was having trouble with the "synth" part of it then I realized it needs to be the first pedal the guitar sees. Turns the guitar volume knob into a whole new control. :cool:

Archived