NPD: Algal Bloom & ABSynth

RoboPimp

• Members

so robo thinks the timmy ain't all that? so what who cares.....I don't think it's that great either.

The Timmy is just one of the many pedals he's criticised, I mentioned it because it doesn't qualify for your thoughts that he only gives stupidly expensive pedals or TS clones flack. He doesn't just limit his criticism to that at all. He gives anything that has ever been labelled as "boutique" flack, unless apparantly, it has his artwork on it.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
I love Nick bless him but how many times has he said 'OMG, I just got this and it's brilliant...best pedal ever made blah, blah, blah' then found out he flipped it the week after .... Robo is the yin to his yan and I think the forum needs both...one is an anitidote to the other, I just read between the lines of both.
:lol:

:idea:

• Members

Actually, I think Robo has always said complementary things about the fuzzhugger pedals. I'll go with consistant. :thu:

There are clearly a couple patterns of boutique pedal makers:
$95 to $125 boutique pedals
$255 to $600 boutique pedals

lets choose sides and thumb wrestle.

• Members

I actually prefer the graphics on Bobby D's AB-Synth pedal over this. I like colorful things.

I can also understand where a few people are coming from, Robo has been known to put down stuff that he deems useless (ie special paintjobs, one offs, lighted pedalboards, etc) so for him to put his custom graphics on a pedal is kind of hypocritical.

• Members

Actually, I think Robo has always said complementary things about the fuzzhugger pedals. I'll go with consistant.
:thu:

There are clearly a couple patterns of boutique pedal makers:

$95 to $125 boutique pedals

$255 to $600 boutique pedals

lets choose sides and thumb wrestle.

i've got pedals that are from each end of the spectrum... 'cause I like the way they *sound*

people need to get over judging effects by how much they cost and JUST {censored}ING LISTEN

:mad:

• Members

Actually, I think Robo has always said complementary things about the fuzzhugger pedals. I'll go with consistant.

Do you mean for the last 6 months, since round about the time Tommy asked about using his art on his pedals? :idea:

I used to tell an old boss of mine that he had a good sense of humour and he was a funny guy. What a load of old bollocks that was.

• Members

I actually prefer the graphics on Bobby D's AB-Synth pedal over this. I like colorful things.

I can also understand where a few people are coming from, Robo has been known to put down stuff that he deems useless (ie special paintjobs, one offs, lighted pedalboards, etc) so for him to put his custom graphics on a pedal is kind of hypocritical.

FWIW, these aren't "custom" graphics, anyone can have them.

I've never denied being hippo critical

I hate those fat {censored}ers

• Members
Do you mean for the last 6 months, since round about the time Tommy asked about using his art on his pedals?
:idea:
I used to tell an old boss of mine that he had a good sense of humour and he was a funny guy. What a load of old bollocks that was.

AB has only been around for about 6 months. Ab-synth for a couple. Just sayin'.

• Members
Oh wow, so
this
must have been a figment of my imagination.

Lol, no it's just another boring glitchy fuzz to me which aint really my bag, been dere dun dat.

that isn't a figment of your imagination but 5 months of me and fuzzhugger conspiring is :lol:

I finally came around to my senses. This guy makes a cool pedals and I'm proud to have my artwork on it. :thu:

• Members
that isn't a figment of your imagination but 5 months of me and fuzzhugger conspiring is

I finally came around to my senses. This guy makes a cool pedals and I'm proud to have my artwork on it.
:thu:

ahh, bless.....I almost shed a little tear there, even robopimp can have a change of heart. :lol:;)

• Members

that isn't a figment of your imagination but 5 months of me and fuzzhugger conspiring is

Nothing to do with you conspiring, but even you aren't stupid enough to criticise a manufacturer's wares after he asked about using your artwork.

Anyway it's all good, we can all just laugh at you in future when you start one of your Boss-is-Best crusades. :thu:

• 3 weeks later...

Archived