Show me "pros" who use a Fuzz Factory

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

as said earlier - delirious

Stu-G is their lead guitarist and uses a fuzz factory, fuzz probe, and a wooly mammoth all over the place. From about 2000 on he uses zvex stuff on most of his solos and riffs which = Logical Awesome

i think the bassist also uses some zvex (mainly wooly mammoth)

but chuck zwicky designed it and he produced some delirious songs.

• Members

That wikipedia entry seems to suggest that there's no fundamental difference between the Vexter and the original, apart from the obvious cosmetic differences and shorter warranty. Same circuit, though the Vexter is assembled in Taiwan.

Is that right i.e. do they sound identical?

*bump*

I'd to appreciate an answer to the above question if any of you know. Dunno if it's a dumb question or not. Thanks.

• Members

huh? source? not saying you're wrong but that song was recorded when? 1995? There weren't many around back then.

ah dang it, now I have to go look it up. I THOUGHT I remembered reading it somewhere...

and the break down part does sound like one. but hold on...

well, can't find it. I could have sworn I read it somewhere, but, bummer. sorry for the misinformation about zvex.

• Members

The entire album
The Fragile
by Nine Inch Nails is basically a demo of the Fuzz Factory. Listen to that to see how the ridiculous amount of usable tones out of the pedal

To be fair I think that was a combination of a few things. Turbo Synth (one of the original bit crushing/waveshaping computer programs) and the Frostwave Sonic Alienator being two of them, but I'm sure the Fuzz Factory didn't play a small role. Weird sounds are all about chaining and what does this pedal do to that pedal.

• Members
J Mascis has used them live. Not sure what songs, though.

he has a purple sparkle one :eek:

i can hear some of it on his solos in beyond and farm as well. Apparently he said he also used a fuzz probe. The easiest way to make it out is to listen to his acoustic solo shows before the dino reunion, his main fuzz through acoustic is the FF and it sounds huuuuuuge :thu:

• Members

I have a Vexter FF and I can assure you it has several usable settings... you just have to find your ways through it. But this settings may vary rather widely depending on your equipement (guitar/amp).

Now, something I'm missing on the FF is a tone control because some of these cool setting may be too bassy or harsh and could do with a little tweaks on the eq. Sometimes, I've found it to muffled for regular fuzz

Archived