Show me your PT Jrs!

amarr1

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
IMG_1999-1.jpg

Great board man! So much here in such a small space. How is the MJM Overdrive? I've been thinking about getting another TS type pedal, and that one sounded really good in the clips I've heard. I don't want overlap with my OCD and Barbershop though. Something that would complement them.

Or I may go in a very different direction, and get a glitchy type fuzz, like the Mastotron, just not sure yet.

• Members
Great board man! So much here in such a small space. How is the MJM Overdrive? I've been thinking about getting another TS type pedal, and that one sounded really good in the clips I've heard. I don't want overlap with my OCD and Barbershop though. Something that would complement them.

Or I may go in a very different direction, and get a glitchy type fuzz, like the Mastotron, just not sure yet.

Thanks man. I just got the Phantom within the last week so I'm still getting to know it. It is a fantastic sounding 808 pedal though. The fat switch helps to fill out the sound a bit, so you still get that mid hump which helps you cut through the mix, but the treble and bass don't suffer as much as with a traditional 808 circuit. It also stacks really well with the Timmy.

I replaced a Tim with the Timmy and Phantom and am really happy with this new setup. I found that in my rig, the boost side of the Tim only sounded great if I was able to lean down and increase the treble cut knob, otherwise it was just too sharp and ice-picky. Obviously a boost isn't very useful if you have to reach down and adjust settings to get it to work, you just want to be able to step on it and go. That was just for my rig though; strat into blackface fender amps, which is a pretty bright rig anyway, so it may work just fine in other situations.

If you are looking for a tubescreamer though I'd check out the Phantom. It's pretty reasonably priced for a handwired pedal. I got mine from Brad at Tonefactor and used one of his coupon codes so I think it was under $150.

And yes, getting everything to fit on the PT Jr was a PITA :)

Archived