Hollow Earth #001 - 006

tape

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So that you can flip it?
:lol:

O.M.G. Dude! That is so {censored}ing funny. I just can't tell you how much I've laughed and laughed and laughed at this witty unimaginably creative, original, hilarious little retort. You should be commended. :thu:

• Members
O.M.G. Dude! That is
so
{censored}ing funny. I just can't tell you how much I've laughed and laughed and laughed at this witty unimaginably creative, original, hilarious little retort. You should be commended.
:thu:

Thanks, bro, don't I know it. I'll be expecting a package from Indiana with my commendation. Suprise me. :)

• Members

Well, that's fairly normal for electronics assembly. It's not considered a skilled labor and pay as an assembler is usually extremely low. But, you shouldn't look at it like that anyway since your "wage" is whatever the raw profit over cost is.

But yeah, anyway, they look great. I suggest trying a toaster oven for greatly speeding up the dry times. I can get several boxes fully painted and finished in a day with the help of the oven.

I agree, but the way I'm seeing it is that I'm eating into my own free time quite heavily (since I already work full time), and that's sort of "worth more", or something. I'm building a lot of these because a lot of people want them and I think it would be cool, but I' don't think I really like making them. anyways, thats my own problem.

I know about baking, I guess I could do that for the primer and the coats of base paint. it's acrylic so I dont know how much of a difference it would have compared to other paints. I can't bake once I have the epoxy window fitted in, unfortuantelly.

• Members

I agree, but the way I'm seeing it is that I'm eating into my own free time quite heavily (since I already work full time), and that's sort of "worth more", or something. I'm building a lot of these because a lot of people want them and I think it would be cool, but I' don't think I really like making them. anyways, thats my own problem.

I know about baking, I guess I could do that for the primer and the coats of base paint. it's acrylic so I dont know how much of a difference it would have compared to other paints. I can't bake once I have the epoxy window fitted in, unfortuantelly.

You should commission a builder to start making them for you! And just take the royalty check. I bet someone like Devi, Fuzzhugger, Tonefactor, Copilot, or any number of builders (who do this full time) may be interested. I totally understand not wanting to spend all your free time doing this kinda stuff. I had a similar experience recently, and I chose to just drop my "hobby."

• Members

I'm not bumping anyone up or down the list right now. that said I will be more than a little bothered if someone flips it around a week later for much more than my original price. if several months go by, then I won't care so much. party because by then I'm likely to tack on another fifty on it anyway. partly because I'd know the original buyer didn't get it with the intent to immidiatelly make a profit on it. I also wouldnt care much if the original buyer did sell it immidiatelly, but for roughly the same price.

teaspoon'd

I figure by the end of this year, I'll just move on to a waiting list scheme, rather than this "lottery" system (which sucks a little).

Saturnine10: never! pm me your email

• Members

Tape, these are gorgeous, high five to you for a beautifully made product. I can't wait to see a demo on a finished one.

I'll likely be ordering one down the line once I can save some money up, this is something that definitely would be a lot of fun for me to use in my band.

• Members

as already said but always true, tape is a true master of his craft.

one of the few aesthetically pleasing pedal makers out there who actually know how to make art and function combine into one. looking forward to future batches...

Archived