NPD: Boy, it's a doosie

RoboPimp

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Do you have a DMM to compare it to?

not now but I have used one before.

the memory boy definitely seems darker/squishier on the repeats and decay.

The modulation doesn't seem quite as lush, I need to get an exp. control of some sort to play with the speed on it. The square wave is fun tho.

The time seems about even with my skreddy echo which is supposed to be 650 ms... altho the time knob sweep is entirely different. :idk:

it looks true bypass, I did notice when it's all the way dry that it has a volume boost but once you put the blend to a reasonable mix it seems fine. Seems to be handling the ABSynth fuzz tones very well...

gunna go play some more.

• Members
Play it into your TRIPLE RECTUMFRIER.

maybe later, I am going into the showman reverb now so I can throw some verb over top of it to see how they go together.

I do NOT like where the switches are. They are in prime stomping zone for my clumsy ass. I would have rather stuck them between the knobs, it would be harder to access them but much safer ground. Time will tell I guess, they are a bit shorter than the stomp switch... :idk:

I think there's four delay chips in there? :idk:

So far it's a nice warm analog delay. But the dry tone does come thru pretty clean it seems.

• Members
Whered you get it? Cuz I ordered mine like 2 weeks ago and still havnt gotten it and I'm pretty pissed.

ProAudioStar on ebay... :idk: I saw some thread that mentioned they were being released or something and I just looked on the bay and there it were.

they shipped it super fast, free shipping and the fedex tracking was spot on.

• Members

Seems not really that great from what I can gather.

I don't think it's gunna knock the memory man off of anyone's board.

the memory man is like 3X the price (oh yeah I said it)

seems like a solid offering for $100 tho, compared to say the carbon copy or something.

still need to play more

• Members

I don't think it's gunna knock the memory man off of anyone's board.

the memory man is like 3X the price (oh yeah I said it)

seems like a solid offering for $100 tho, compared to say the carbon copy or something.

still need to play more

Have you tried a Carbon Copy? Is so, how do they compare?

Archived