NPD: Boy, it's a doosie

RoboPimp

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Really?
That's
the most anticipated pedal of the year??
:freak:

Heh, the way everyone was drooling over big-foot type sightings in EHX demo vids, it's at least the best hyped of the year. :rolleyes:

I swear I've never seen so many threads, let alone long ones, about a thread that no one had even seen a proper picture of. Talk about Pre-release GAS.

• Members

Id like to try one, but ive got a vintage memory man so im happy...

robo, whats it like compared to the skreddy, thats the ONLY pedal ive really really wanted to try.

so far it holds up pretty well to the skreddy... for a $100 delay.

• Members

Interesting....... hmmm

I spent a few hours last night comparing them

the boy is darker and softer.

The skreddy seems to have more "punch" to the repeats but still is amazingly warm and "analog" sounding for a digital pedal. Both have great decay and get more lo fi the longer the time.

so far the modulation on the skreddy is pure win

the mod on the mb is good for sure and the square wave is really cool (look at that clip above) but the skreddy's opto driven modulation is top of the warble heap.

• Members
So the MB is pure win respecting the price difference?
:idk:

it's a pretty cool delay for the price for sure.

One BIG thing is it doesn't hurt the dry tone much at all that I can tell so far.

So many delays I've tried are tone suckers.

• Members

I spent a few hours last night comparing them

the boy is darker and softer.

The skreddy seems to have more "punch" to the repeats but still is amazingly warm and "analog" sounding for a digital pedal. Both have great decay and get more lo fi the longer the time.

so far the modulation on the skreddy is pure win

the mod on the mb is good for sure and the square wave is really cool (look at that clip above) but the skreddy's opto driven modulation is top of the warble heap.

Cheers for the rundown robocop, i forgot the Skreddy was digital actually... but the clips ive heard remind me of space echo's.

Yea i was worried the memory boy wouldnt be able to do the subtle (almost tape flutter) modulation right, but it might be worth a shot...

• Members

So robo scored the most anticipated pedal of the year first. Good work my man, I didn't even know you were interested
:thu:

I drag my ass to Brooklyn to pick one up last Friday and Robo gets the credit for being first??? :cry: I guess I should have started my own thread.

Having also owned the Carbon Copy, I like the Memory Boy much more. The CC was actually much too dark for my liking. The repeats on the MB are a bit brighter but still have that warm analog goodness. Great pedal for the money.

• Members
:eek:

there's a lot more to it than just that too, it's got some incredible sounds with that square wave. Messing with the delay time/mix/feedback and the mod depth all interact and make for some crazy ass {censored}. Typical EHX.

• Members
I drag my ass to Brooklyn to pick one up last Friday
and Robo gets the credit for being first???
:cry:
I guess I should have started my own thread.

Having also owned the Carbon Copy, I like the Memory Boy much more. The CC was actually much too dark for my liking. The repeats on the MB are a bit brighter but still have that warm analog goodness. Great pedal for the money.

nice score! nice boards too!

I like all the extra features of the memory boy compared to the carbon copy.

Archived