Do not buy Rushfan's Deluxe Electric Mistress.

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Rushfan screwed up by:

1. Insisting Garret knew about it and that it couldn't possibly be the shipping. He should have given Garret the benefit of the doubt and calmly asked Garret how the situation could be fixed.

2. Going off on Garret and not telling him that he had it repaired, making him appear guilty when he wasn't.

3. Not specifying that it had been repaired in the spam ad

Garret screwed up by:

1. Not offering to make the deal better, even if he was right and it was screwed up.

2. Telling Makerusukkoto

Makerusukkoto screwed up by:

1. Posting this thread and not letting Garret do it

2. Not PM'ing Rushfan before posting this thread.

Nobody was trying to defame Rushfan.

What's going through Makeru's head is:

-Rushfan trades for Garret's DEM.

-DEM shows up broken.

-Rushfan blames Garret and goes off on him. Garret says it was fine when he shipped it.

-When Rushfan doesn't deny posting a broken pedal in the SPAM thread to Garret, Makerusukkoto is jumping to the logical conclusion we'd all be at by now. So he makes this thread.

On the shipping thing- I believe Garret. If it was such an easy fix, don't you think he would have fixed it himself?

:facepalm: to everyone except Phil.

:thu: to Phil for not jumping to conclusions

Rushfan screwed up by:

1. Insisting Garret knew about it and that it couldn't possibly be the shipping. He should have given Garret the benefit of the doubt and calmly asked Garret how the situation could be fixed.

2. Going off on Garret and not telling him that he had it repaired, making him appear guilty when he wasn't.

3. Not specifying that it had been repaired in the spam ad

Garret screwed up by:

1. Not offering to make the deal better, even if he was right and it was screwed up.

2. Telling Makerusukkoto

Makerusukkoto screwed up by:

1. Posting this thread and not letting Garret do it

2. Not PM'ing Rushfan before posting this thread.

Nobody was trying to defame Rushfan.

What's going through Makeru's head is:

-Rushfan trades for Garret's DEM.

-DEM shows up broken.

-Rushfan blames Garret and goes off on him. Garret says it was fine when he shipped it.

-When Rushfan doesn't deny posting a broken pedal in the SPAM thread to Garret, Makerusukkoto is jumping to the logical conclusion we'd all be at by now. So he makes this thread.

On the shipping thing- I believe Garret. If it was such an easy fix, don't you think he would have fixed it himself?

:facepalm:
to everyone except Phil.

:thu:
to Phil for not jumping to conclusions

This.

There was plenty of :facepalm: to be had in the way this whole thing was handled.

The whole "mob mentality" thing disturbs me. Sure, I can understand everyone getting upset when something is out of line, but only after it's extremely clear what transpired. Far too many people jumped to conclusions prematurely, including all the parties involved in the trade.

Communication and civility are keys to "good deals" IMHO. We live in this really cool era where we have things like cell phones, email and even PM's. :idea: I would suggest using THOSE to discuss problems between traders, and to resolve your issues, rather than jumping right to the forums with it. THIS isn't the place for it.

Both sides of the disagreement wanted to believe the worst in the other side, even though neither side has any reputation for bad deals before this. Instead of thinking the worst, I personally prefer to give the benefit of the doubt, and then try to go forward and resolve things in that spirit.

And I REALLY don't like seeing PM's posted, unless both parties to the PM have agreed to post them, or given permission. PM's are supposed to be just that - PRIVATE. If you want to post a PM, you should either have the other party's permission, or clear it through me FIRST.

In the future, I expect people to resolve this stuff via PM's and emails. Third parties should NOT get involved - I don't want person X to tell us about a bad deal between persons Y and Z - if ANYONE is going to do it, it should be Y and / or Z, not someone who was not involved in the deal.

This thread will be removed shortly.

PS The next time I see someone trashing someone else without cause, or a mob mentality developing where a person is being attacked - even before they could give their side of things, or when I see anyone post a "physical harm should come to you" type post, there will be consequences. :cop:

• 4 years later...

Archived