NPD: DOD FX-17 Wah/Volume

Taylor704

• Members

DSC00044.jpg

Much thanks to Radiosilence for selling this to me in great condition.

I'm not gonna write a page long review but i'll write a paragraph or two.

Volume: Not really that much to say, nice even sweep.

Wah: Very very nice, different from a Crybaby but still very usable for solos or a filter effect.

Construction: Rock solid, I really don't think i'll break this anytime soon. Took me a few seconds to work the wah switch on the heel though.

Bypass: Not that bad actually. I could hear the tinniest bit of treble loss with my headphones on, yet to try it in a band situation.

Overall, this is a great pedal. Very solid construction, great sound and versatility and an alright bypass. I might report back if I fiddle around with the trimpots inside. Very very pleased :)

• Members

I just got that pedal too - it's pretty nice. Small enough to put on a board, and the dual function is awesome. There is a mod that allows you to switch from volume to wah by just pulling your heel back on the pedal as opposed to pushing the switch on the side in, but I'm not nearly proficient enough in electronics to attempt it.

Do you notice that the switch to engage the wah is super sensitive? Mine is.

• Members

Had one arrive a few days ago, too, but I'm pretty disappointed.

It sucks tone (as in 'steals treble and makes the bass fart out') and can either be set to act as a pretty good volume pedal or a synthy wah - but not both, which is really annoying. I rarely use volume or wah pedals so I thought I might just buy this cheap thing to cover both needs, but to me it's pretty unusable for that application.

• Members

Had one arrive a few days ago, too, but I'm pretty disappointed.

It sucks tone (as in 'steals treble and makes the bass fart out') and can either be set to act as a pretty good volume pedal or a synthy wah - but not both, which is really annoying. I rarely use volume or wah pedals so I thought I might just buy this cheap thing to cover both needs, but to me it's pretty unusable for that application.

mine had a broken battery clip so I just popped it open and soldered in a new one I totally understand this wah is not for everyone but bypass has never bothered me on any pedal my guitar is either clean straight to the amp or completely effected over the top randomness :lol:

having said that I may TB mine its not to hard also its so small you can probly use a tb box and always keep it on

also what other pedal does tone and volume at the same time except the fender 2 way wah thing???

Archived