I think I found my main distortion sound!

deluxe74

• Members

After going through numerous overdrive/distortion pedals including the DS-2, SD-1, Big Muffs, Rats, Tubescreamers, and amp distortion, I tried out the Fulldrive Mosfet at GC with my amp and fell for it. Just got one in the mail today (don't like buying at GC) and I think it will stay on my board for quite a long time! Fantastic pedal, beautiful combo with the amp!:thu:

• Members

It is great, but it is only overdrive/low gain... You also have to crank the volume on it to get a sound then add overdrive to taste. If you are able to stick the boost "standard"/"mosfet" toggle inbetween the two selections, it gets alot louder and gainier.

My favorite setting is volume at 1, tone at 2, overdrive at 11, and boost at 3. :idk:

• Members

It is great, but it is only overdrive/low gain... You also have to crank the volume on it to get a sound then add overdrive to taste. If you are able to stick the boost "standard"/"mosfet" toggle inbetween the two selections, it gets alot louder and gainier.

My favorite setting is volume at 1, tone at 2, overdrive at 11, and boost at 3.
:idk:

I'm discovering in my old age of 18 years old that less is more in alot of cases when it comes to the amount of gain I use. I love a good distorted sound, but right now I'm leaning twards a broken up, overdriven sound..:cool:

• Members

Ya. Crunchbox is a great, nice crunchy sound, the NPN can go anywhere from Overdrive to holes in speakers sounds, the Fulldrive can get on the edge of breakup to AC/DC... And my Rat is just dirty
:lol:

HAHA! it sounds like we have the exact setup (minus the fd for me... i use a keeley ts9). i have 3 rats. :thu:

• Members

Ya. Crunchbox is a great, nice crunchy sound, the NPN can go anywhere from Overdrive to holes in speakers sounds, the Fulldrive can get on the edge of breakup to AC/DC... And my Rat is just dirty
:lol:

Wow, I was thinking about selling my deucetone for a crunchbox. People think alike I guess!! Do you like that trade?

• Members

Wow, I was thinking about selling my deucetone for a crunchbox. People think alike I guess!! Do you like that trade?

I like it... Alot. I am actually borrowing a friends right now, and I have my own coming in the mail very soon. With a NPN, a Crunchbox and a Fulldrive, you basically have all your dirt sounds covered, aside from Hendrixxy Fuzz. Just get a Fuzzface clone and you are set... Literally any sound you can think of :lol:

Archived