NPD, Maestro please...

RoboPimp

• Members

boomerang 2 wah

WAH3.jpg

wah1.jpg

old school two ended 9V battery connector still intact but disconnected...

inductor? :idk: yeah it has one...

sound... well... I was in love with the crybaby sound for a long time but I haven't been using one for the last year or so.

I think I can try this for a while and see if I can make it work for me.

it's got a different angle/sweep compared to the dunlop style case.

not TB but when the wah is deactivated it becomes a volume pedal, kind of jerky sounding tho. I might do the true, not sure.

I was not impressed at all when I first plugged it in but after my patented 15 second mod it was transformed into something pretty dang funky. It's got a touch smoother sound than I remember the crybaby having.

the seller sold it cheap saying the pot was scratchy, it made a few weird noises when I moved it the first few times but now it seems pretty quiet to me :idk:

clip uploading...

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

HNPD

I've got one and love it. There isn't a better wah sound I'm convinced. I do have some issues with the sweep on mine due to the rubber piece.

hmm, sweep seems ok to me.

it's definitely different than what I'm used to tho

• Members

So Robo - what's the 15 second mod?
:idk:

adjust the pot sweep by turning it a few extra teeth until I find the sweet spot.

When I got the way the sweep was focused around the high end, I pulled it back about 5 or six teeth on the gear and it sounded a lot better to me.

• Members

adjust the pot sweep by turning it a few extra teeth until I find the sweet spot.

When I got the way the sweep was focused around the high end, I pulled it back about 5 or six teeth on the gear and it sounded a lot better to me.

Cool, thanks man. My new wah sounds a bit muddy, so I'll try that out.

• Members

hmm, sweep seems ok to me.

it's definitely different than what I'm used to tho

I guess the sweep is really only an issue for me on the volume side. But other than that this pedal is awesome. It ruined pretty much most every other wah for me.

Definitely not a standard funk type wah. I really need to start using mine again.

• Members

ok, a final couple of gear tweaks and sealed it back up, this thing is pretty dang funky for a 30-40 yr old pedal. I think the pot or gear system is starting to squeak from me wailing on it for the last hour. I'll try a little lithium grease tomorrow.

Archived