NPD, Maestro please...

RoboPimp

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

ahh

so your boomerang, are you gunna true-bypass or flip the input/output?

I just got done doing both to mine and I think it was a good move. The TBing takes away the volume function, which was cool but it seemed to have a boost and changed the tone a bit so I did away with it. I added an led while I was at it.

/late reply

the person i bought my boomerang from had already true bypassed and flipped the in/outs, as well as put a new pot in (the dunlop hot potz thing). the new pot seems to have shortened the sweep since it's a 100k pot i think. so i'm going to try to find the classic 25k wah pot for it. i think ernie ball makes one but i'm not sure. you have any ideas? :lol:

• Members
/late reply

the person i bought my boomerang from had already true bypassed and flipped the in/outs, as well as put a new pot in (the dunlop hot potz thing). the new pot seems to have shortened the sweep since it's a 100k pot i think. so i'm going to try to find the classic 25k wah pot for it. i think ernie ball makes one but i'm not sure. you have any ideas?
:lol:

yeah, ernie ball does make a 25K volume pedal, they might sell replacement potentiometers. :idea:

not sure if it will fit the maestro but worth looking into.

• Members

http://www.diyguitarist.com/DIYStompboxes/Boomerang.htm

"I also replaced the Alpha 25K pot with a 100K Hot-Potz II. To make the new pot a 25K pot, I soldered a 33K resistor across the "CW" & "CCW" terminals, which measures almost exactly 25K. I think this pot may be a little more well suited for use with this circuit, and it really helps it to have a more vocal sounding quality to it. Now I would say this is the best wah that I have ever heard (in my subjective opinion)."

mine has the hot potz II - this is a lifesaver!

gotta ask my electronics friend to do this now :lol:

• Members

I'm in the same spot. I have a 1967 Maestro Boomer 2 (the year is usually found on the underside of the circuit board if you can't find a stamp). The original pot is just noisy, so

I changed it to a 100K Hot Potz 2 as well. Just know that you also have to use the original rack and pinion gear with the set screw from the original CTS pot shaft. To break off the one on the hot-potz, it has a little D-ring that you need to pry off. Then you can just slide it off, put on the old one and tighten the set screw.

If you don't do this, the hot potz II gear will slip when you are wah-ing.

I just bought the resisters to make the change to 25K and have not been able to do it yet.

It would also be useful to learn how to swap the in/out. any advice on how this is done?

This pedal is indeed a great wah. I was hoping I would love it since I traded my Wilson Rippah Q for it (and another pedal).

I took a chance, and have no regrets, but now i'm craving that bass setting on the ten spot 2 :thu:

• Members

I'm in the same spot. I have a 1967 Maestro Boomer 2 (the year is usually found on the underside of the circuit board if you can't find a stamp). The original pot is just noisy

do you still haz the original pot? that link above has a nice page on rebuilding them.

Archived