Are 335 type guitars starting to gain popularity?

Parah Salin

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Lemme add more gas to this fire...

339new.jpg

One of these days I'm going to have Gibson make me a vintage white 359 with a bigsby... Ebony fretboard, trapezoids, multi ply binding, some aged gold hardware, it'll be like an old LP custom but 359 style :freak::love:. It shall also have Lollar Imperials with mini-coil tap switches on the lower bout. Sounds gaudy but if it was pulled off right it would be the most amazing guitar ever made haha...

• Members

I picked up a Sheraton II last summer. It was the first time in years and years that I'd socked away enough $$$ to buy a new guitar. It wasn't a bandwagon thing though; the Sheraton's been one of my dream guitars ever since I was a kid.

I think any observations of increased popularity on my part... are pretty susceptible to the "Dad's New Car" mentality described a couple posts ago.

• Members
ES-335's are incredible players. It's a very versatile guitar with all the stuff you love about hollow bodies and solid bodies without everything you don't in one smooth playing guitar. You can play any type of music on one and they have a classic look that fits in with just about any scene sort of metal and you could probably pull it off with metal with a flat black finish and upside down cross inlays.
:lol:

Bottom line: If you could only afford one really good player and you need it for a wide variety of music the ES-335 (or spin off) might be that guitar.

This is why I've always played a ES-335. Great guitars. :)

• Members

It does look classy

the blonde & gold is a little too "classy" for me

I'm loving the stripped down set up on mine

the thin finish is cool, I think it's some kind of lacquer or something

and the single set of controls is perfect for me, one knob to tweak them all

• Members

tie a string to the pot, take the knob/nut/etc. off

let the pot fall into the body

using some sort of stick/hook/specialized implement to fish out thru the f hole

tape down string going thru pot hole/f hole to fish pot back thru tiny pot hole

yes this is how you do it