Are 335 type guitars starting to gain popularity?

Parah Salin

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

semi's are good guitars. I've owned a few epi's, but I ended up selling them off because I didn't use them enough. Popular? Sure. Lots of great pickers use em.

I'm not into the indie thing, but the genre is becoming more and more popular. When I think of a good semi I think more along the lines of some good ol blues, jazz, or country licks with the tone rolled down a bit running into some verb, not a huge wall of fuzz with heaps of feedback. (although they do that well too)

I guess they're pretty versatile.

• Members

tie a string to the pot, take the knob/nut/etc. off

let the pot fall into the body

using some sort of stick/hook/specialized implement to fish out thru the f hole

tape down string going thru pot hole/f hole to fish pot back thru tiny pot hole

yes this is how you do it

yes its a bitch

The only part I needed a string for was the output jack. The rest was easy with fingers through the f-hole. (epi dot)

• Members

robo is right, thats how you do it.

the reason i like the gold hardware is because it looks epic when it tarnishes and wears off.

true, same with this thin finish they put on these cheap epis

they get that cool "broken in" look real fast

and the neck is getting so sweet now, I've been greasing it up with fried chicken

• Members

robo is right, thats how you do it.

the reason i like the gold hardware is because it looks epic when it tarnishes and wears off.

well i wish mine would hurry up.

Anyone installed the callaham bridge on a sheraton? i'm thinking about getting one.

Or how do you intonate the tuneomatic? Mine frets out on the E string past the 12th fret. Raise it?

• Members
getting it back into the pot hole too?

I gutted the body first. Then I held a piece of paper over the empty holes and shaded over them with a pencil (much like you'd do with a quarter under paper) Then I transferred that onto a piece of cardboard. I cut holes where the Pots/switch/jack go and mounted the components to that. Soldered it up, shoved the harness into the hole, and once you get the first easy to reach pot in, the rest fall into place.

Easy peasy ont two threesy. The jack was a bitch though.

Here's a pic of the cardboard template that I used:
_DSC8580.jpg

• Members

easy peasy, i need to see that go down tho

Easy peasy might not be so accurate...

it was still a bitch, but I didn't spend hours trying to fish a bunch of string through a bunch of holes.

Look at the template and imagine an f-hole dividing the N and B pots...

Then having some solid wiring going from N vol to N tone, circling around the f-hole to B tone then ending at B vol. It's a sturdy piece, and feeds through the hole easily, and like I said, it falls into place after the first pot is in.

Archived