Full-Drive 2... snagged one yesterday, I'm very happy indeed!

GRAF

• Members

thats a great combo. Mine sounds amazing through my princeton.

Though i wish i had gotten a Mosfet. The seller didn't mention that it was not one. Grr. i was a little dissapointed

:thu:

Agreed, really seems to match well with that little amp, pushes things just right.

The Mosfet switch doesn't really make that big a difference, crank up the tone a little and you're not far from it. :idea:

• Members

Fulldrives sound awesome through Fender amps. I too was using mine through a Princeton. It really is the perfect marriage. I had one, but ended up going with the Abunai 2 instead. I tell it was really coin toss. Both pedals sounded awesome.

Agreed, I doubt you can go wrong with either. :thu:

• Members

I wasn't quite sure how I would feel about it until I actually got the chance to play one, instantly fell in love and the more I use it the more I find myself impressed. It's got a solid home now.
:idea:

Agreed, really seems to match well with that little amp, pushes things just right.

The Mosfet switch doesn't really make that big a difference, crank up the tone a little and you're not far from it.
:idea:

Crank the Reverb, little trem, and throw in a DMM or DM3. Epic.

• Members

Crank the Reverb, little trem, and throw in a DMM or DM3. Epic.

:idea::idea::idea:

I'd love a DMM... honestly, when all is said and done my idea is to have three pedals:

Full-Drive 2, Keeley Compressor, DMM... then I should be done. :D

• Members

I have sworn by my FullDrive for probably five or six years now. Used it at every show without fail.

...Of course, in my current band I don't have a lot of use for it, but I still couln't bring myself to take it off my board. Congrats man, you've got a lifer there.

• Members

I have been very impressed with mine. I get that perfect low-gain Interpol sort of sound through my Twin Reverb, but my main amp is a JCM 800 and I actually use the comp cut setting and get a HUGE amount of rock and roll almost-fuzz when boosted. A lot more versatile then one would think.

• Members

playing sucks. But the tone is totally there.

Neck pickups for the win

:D

My thought exactly, I've finally got the tone dialed in that I've been searching for many years now.

I mean there are a few tweaks left to be worked out, but mostly I am totally satisfied.

I've been playing for a lot of years but only through super high gain amps with tons and tons of pinched compressed distortion, my main guitar for years now has been a Jackson. I can rip through RATT without problem, but trying to get that smooth Strat sound is really kicking my ass. :lol:

Now that I've got what I want I will focus on nothing but practicing. :thu:

• Members

youre doing it wrong.

my main amp is a blues jr and it sounds incredible.

is the blues jr stock? how new? fulldrive 2 with mosfet?

do the twin stack mod and i bet youll like it.

Indeed.

It's very hard to have a pedal sound like crap through a BJ. More so, if it's modded to some BillM specs.

Did you do any other mods to it other than the twin stack? If not, you should really do the tonestack and cool down the output tubes as a minimum.

• Members

:D

My thought exactly, I've finally got the tone dialed in that I've been searching for many years now.

I mean there are a few tweaks left to be worked out, but mostly I am totally satisfied.

I've been playing for a lot of years but only through super high gain amps with tons and tons of pinched compressed distortion, my main guitar for years now has been a Jackson. I can rip through RATT without problem, but trying to get that smooth Strat sound is really kicking my ass.
:lol:

Now that I've got what I want I will focus on nothing but practicing.

totally understand. Playing through my marshall is a completly different experience than playing through my vox/princeton or even my bassman.

The skills are still there, but the tone and feel kind of take a bit to getting used to. Also i was running it through my sound system, i think your mic was peaking a bit.

• Members

the BJ reverb is really great.

im probably keeping the stock speaker for now. i may try a jensen MOD at some point.

I think MOD's are going push mids a bit more. My personal favorite are vintage Weber line. I just put a 10F150T in my Princeton. What awesome speaker! The Jensen was horrible.

Archived