OT - After nearly 8 months of piecing our EP together, I have a video to show!

Kid_A

• Members

We recorded this EP back nealry 8 months ago in Cambridge, and after many hours of mixing all night, punches to the face and the odd smile we finished it a few weeks ago. Just finalising artwork and then going to release it through AWAL.

This video was actually for a TV Show at a Uni, but they pretty much botched it and the live audio was {censored}e, so we salvaged what we could and came up with a screwed up Top of the Pops style transmission for our lead song from the EP. I do apologise for the youtube compression, we are gona stick this on muzu tv too, so quality will be better.

If you have heard my band before then this is more the route we had been wanting to go :)

Hope you like it

[YOUTUBE]vcAnL4Q_9s4[/YOUTUBE]

• Members

Cheers Andy! Yea he's been using the gretch for a while now... the filtertrons are a fantastic mix with my les paul...

MORE DLS PLEASE

DLS should be here before 1pm today...

I've been thinking about sticking TV Jones Filtertrons into a 335. How would you describe them sounding compared to your Les Paul? Ideally I'd love Rickenbacker toasters in a 335 but the TV Jones Classics mounted in the humbucker-friendly package might do the job just as well.

• Members

DLS should be here before 1pm today...

I've been thinking about sticking TV Jones Filtertrons into a 335. How would you describe them sounding compared to your Les Paul? Ideally I'd love Rickenbacker toasters in a 335 but the TV Jones Classics mounted in the humbucker-friendly package might do the job just as well.

I think you could cop a pretty close sound to a ricky with that combo. They are not as fat as my les paul, but have a (dare i use this term) "crispy" sound to them.... think pete townsends kerrrching sound. Actually i really like the idea of doing that...

• Members

Sounds good Daz! I love the breakdown at 2:30 ish, but I hate to say, it sounds a bit "nice". In particular the drums - I want them to sound dirtier. I want them to scare the crap out of me and at the moment they sound a bit too clean, hi-fi and disco. I love everything else though!

• Members
Sounds good Daz! I love the breakdown at 2:30 ish, but I hate to say, it sounds a bit "nice". In particular the drums - I want them to sound dirtier. I want them to scare the crap out of me and at the moment they sound a bit too clean and disco. I love everything else though!

Cheers mate... I know what you mean. We had huge plans for this song to be monstrously big sounding... but we ran into a lot of problems in the mixing process and when working on a budget of pretty much zero money we had to do the best we could and ran with this.

You should see us live... MASSIVE walls of sounds :)

Archived