using analog and digital delay at the same time?

• Members

I built one that was half analog and half digital. It has an MN3005 (like a DM-2/Aqua Puss) for the analog half, and the usual PT2399 for the digital half. It lets you select either just analog, or analog->digital. It sounds nice! Each section has an independent delay time.

• Members

I built one that was half analog and half digital. It has an MN3005 (like a DM-2/Aqua Puss) for the analog half, and the usual PT2399 for the digital half. It lets you select either just analog, or analog->digital. It sounds nice! Each section has an independent delay time.

clips or it was a behinger was a sticker your mom gave you.:poke:

sure ive done it many times. here:

dd3 into a space echo.

lovely actually

• Members

I have never tried this. But I personally would run the analog into the digital, particularly if it's a very clean digital, as if you dirty up the repeats of the digital with the analog, you might as well be using two analog delays, whereas the reverse should better allow the character of each to be audible. Just a thought. But I'm sure there are some cool sounds to had. Go have at it and report back! :thu:

• Members

anyone do this? I've been trying to find a good way to run both at the same time. I usually go analog --> digital, but a lot of the times it can get a bit messy.

i often run two delays at once; usually digital -> analogue though, which seems to be the opposite of what most people are doing. :idk:

the digital will be set for a longer time and just 2 or 3 repeats, and the analogue much shorter with several repeats and at a lower level. this produces a nice rhythmic effect.

other times, if i'm using a stereo rig i'll run the delays in parallel which can be great too.

• Members

I run my DMM into a Nova Delay.

Mostly I use the DMM for washy ambient delays & the Nova for harder more rhythmic/U2ish delays.

But with the Nova you can use your guitar signal to set the tempo (strike the stings in time), so I will set the DMM to taste, then use the signal from that to set the Nova and badda bing badda boom, they are perfectly in sync!!

Archived