cranked fender tone appreciation thread

RoboPimp

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

When I imagine my perfect lead tone in my head, I moreorless hear the best Twin I ever heard with a couple of really hot gain stages on. Like a Boogie Mark series but more Fendery. (I do love Boogie Marks too, incidentally). So definitely in.

And that clip sounds excellent. :thu:

• Members

Peter Green sounds so much like Bluesbreaker/Cream era Clapton.

Just sayin.

I think he sounds closer to Mike Bloomfield since they were playing basically the same rig (LP through a Twin Reverb).

You know that Green replaced Clapton in the BBs, right?

• Members

I think he sounds closer to Mike Bloomfield since they were playing basically the same rig (LP through a Twin Reverb).

You know that Green replaced Clapton in the BBs, right?

Yassir, i am a bit of a Clapton enthusiast to be fair, especially when i was starting out playing. Mike Bloomfield has got a little bit more bite and a little bit more flamboyance compared to Peter Green IMO.

• Members

crank'd '59 Bassman = :love::love::love::love:

crank'd Deville = meh

crank'd Hot Rod Deluxe and many other similarly priced Fenders = :facepalm:

Sorry.... I guess just count me in the minority in this thread that thinks the Hot Rod Deluxe sounds like poopoo. That amp is so freaking harsh it's impossible to get a consistently smooth crunch with it. It's just soooo freaking harsh.

• Members

Think of this yeah it's a rumor, but Eddie Krammer confirmed it in his semi-auto-bio of Jimi, the amp used for the recording of vodoo chile/ not slight return, either was a aa864 Bassman 1964... Nov/ mine Dec..,

Wouldn't surprise me!

Cranked Fenders ARE the sound of rock. The classic Marshall tone is basically a Tweed Bman into a closed-back 4x12 with Celestions.

It's always been Fender.

• Members

it's that time again, for us to all agree that fenders aren't just "clean machines" for pedals only. They have a great crunch that is immediately recognizable on countless recordings...

a dimed fender is a thing of rock and roll beauty

Peter Green's Les Paul is now Gary Moore's.

• Members
Wich Victoria do you have mate ?

IF i had the funds, i would have gotten this one long ago :

http://www.victoriaamp.com/amps.html?model=35210

Just listen to that "Les Paul - Dirty Rock Riff"
:evil:

WOW

I'm guessing it's a 5F6-A head cab with 4x10 bottom. Leo did one as a one-off for somebody back in the day.

A narrow-panel Super (your link) is pretty cool, and more practical for a lot of us. I've got one, one amp away from me now. :thu:

• Members

Victoria is the bomb.
It doesn't get any better

. . . nor does it get any more costly :cry:

Victoria's 5E3 'clone' is a whopping $1990.00 before tax.

Nick Greer's 5E3 'clone' is almost half of that, for the exact same quality product !

http://www.greeramps.com/amps.html - Underdog

. . . and he has the Underdog Mod1, a Hot Rodded 5E3 if the regular 5E3 ciruit is too tame for you :evil:

Mod-1 Information

" A louder, higher gain version of the Underdog "True 59". It even has more cleans. The Underdog "Mod-1" is based on the same circuit as the Underdog "True 59" but with an evil twist hat will take the old 5E3 style circuit to the next level. This circuit provides the same tube warmth as the Underdog "True 59" but gives an extra kick, moving the UD15 "Mod-1" into more of a harder distortion area as well as giving the player higher, more giggable volume. The "Mod-1" 1-12" combo comes standard with a Celestion G12H30 speaker and a kick in the pants for a mixture of both American and British sounds. Players can easily go from 50's rock and blues sounds, to the sounds of the 60's and 70's Brit rock. This amp is a workhorse. "

• Members

=
:facepalm:

Sorry.... I guess just count me in the minority in this thread that thinks the Hot Rod Deluxe sounds like poopoo. That amp is so freaking harsh it's impossible to get a consistently smooth crunch with it. It's just soooo freaking harsh.

Sounds pretty good to my ears :idea:

What is wrong w this sound ?

• Members

it's that time again, for us to all agree that fenders aren't just "clean machines" for pedals only. They have a great crunch that is immediately recognizable on countless recordings...

a dimed fender is a thing of rock and roll beauty

I love me some Cranked fenders (DRRI here) and I really dig some Peter green

Archived