OT: Chicago Middle School Food Fight

Fender&EHX4ever

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

food fight is one thing, throwing an apple? that isnt always going to come across as playful.

that said, so ridiculous. hahahha, arrested and spent time in a jail cell? are you serious? these are CHILDREN. absolutely horrendous. should NOT have been done that way. complete overreaction.

• Members

1. This is absolutely ridiculous.

2. Playing devil's advocate, I can see the schools point of view. Say they just let this go, and a week later it happens again. Only this time some kid catches a spork in the eye. Instead of the news story linked to here, we'd be reading an article about the school lets the kids run wild, and eye-spork's pending lawsuit. They have to over react to protect themself.

• Members

Arresting these kids is just ridiculous... the only thing, that I think, was wrong with this is that they wasted food.

Ever see a food fight at a homeless shelter?

Food is for eating!!

Agreed.

Their punishment should involve them working at a shelter where the kids would see that any one of the people eating there wouldn't dream of wasting what little they have.

• Members

I agree with making them clean it up if possible. Or Detention.

What I can't understand is when I hear older people talk of kids now being pussies because instead of going out and causing some "good old-fashioned ruckus," they're on the Internet, playing video games, etc. But when they actually have some light-hearted fun, they same old people instantly overreact.

• Members

I agree with making them clean it up if possible. Or Detention.

What I can't understand is when I hear older people talk of kids now being pussies because instead of going out and causing some "good old-fashioned ruckus," they're on the Internet, playing video games, etc. But when they actually have some light-hearted fun, they same old people instantly overreact.

I'm one of the older people around here, but I've never said anything like the above. On the contrary, I remember Mid-Western American teenagers in the 70s, and they were often a very violent and disturbed breed - uncultured, fighting, bullying, racist, chauvinist, and generally different from today's youth in so many ways. I think the generations have evolved where that's concerned. But I wouldn't say that the music or the movies are better :poke:

• Members

I think those kids should get dropped off of the sears tower. I mean it would just be doing humanity a favor to get rid of the idiots before they have a chance to breed.

Is it just me, or are the people who parrot this kind of stuff always the absolute worst kind of societal scum there is?

Archived