How Important Is It That Your Effects Be Powered Via Battery

Ponda Boba

• Members

so are lots of other things like cars and plastic ... what do you suggest?

i bike as much as possible, use as little plastic or non-recyclables as much as possible, reuse things, etc.

i suggest not continuing to do something/use something just because other things are as bad or worse.

• Members

I don't seem to notice a difference powering my fuzz pedals with an adapter, carbon zinc or alkaline. Am I deaf? What do you battery powered fuzz dudes like about the tonal differences?

Please explain this to me. I feel like I'm missing out on something here.

I always thought the whole battery thing, or having a buffered pedal in front of a fuzz making a real difference was bull{censored}, until I got the Plum Crazy Fuzzy Lady. It's the only pedal I've ever had that reacts insanely different to both of those things. What's even worse is I don't even know how to explain it.. I'll have to make a clip when I get home later using the same settings showing the differences.

• Members

Terrible for the environment. Tuner has a battery for use around the house but it's powered via 1spot during extended playing. Sunface is on battery aswell due to grounding issues. Howfully a PP2+ will fix those issues though (isolated outs/sag)

• Members

Fuzz sounds better with batteries because it's uneven power, sometimes you get a surge or a lull, making it sound more natural and responsive...

I would like to use batteries, but can't stand it, I hate replacing them and if I'm on tour and I leave my pedal board in the cold over night, bam batteries are dead... .hate batteries, wish they didn't sound better for fuzz :cry:

Archived