Why don't Roger Mayer fx get mentioned much here?

Fender&EHX4ever

• Members

Yeah, I've never understood why Roger Mayer doesn't get more love here. In fact, I even started a thread about several months back. You would think that customers like Hendrix, Kevin Shields, Adam Franklin, and J Mascis would give him some "buzz" around here. :confused:

I've owned the Voodoo Axe and the Voodoo-1. Both were good pedals, but neither did anything particularly unique. For instance, the Axe was a great all-around fuzz sound, but I just felt like my Fingerprint had a more interesting "texture" to its sound. The Axe was probably more versatile and had more sounds I'd use in it, but none of the sounds felt particularly "special". But, if tomorrow I lost my Fingerprint, and I couldn't find/buy a replacement, the Axe would certainly be at the top of my list and I'm sure I could be happy with it.

• Members
I agree about Howard's 80s Blue Rocket Classic Fuzz it has AC128s in it and is apparently from an era when Germanium hadn't been completely picked through. This pedal puts all other fuzzes on the back burner.

it also has kittycasters fingaz playin it :love::love::love:

i LOVE mayer's stuff. the vision wah is the FERRARI of wah wahs....

voodoovibe is cool too, just too big and too many controls for me.

voodoo one overdrive is a good one (90s model)

newarkwilder has a PINK early mongoose fuzz in spaceship housing that KILLS BUGS DEAD.

mayer is the MAN.......so is dave fox from foxrox. neither get enough love here.

that being said......there are a ton of NEW builders who are great as well....it is well known i am a complete fanboy for BJF, Catalinbread, Analogman, and now line 6 (M9 :love:)

things are changing :thu:

Archived