Anyone drop reverb for delay only?

schenkadere

• Members

A buddy of mine has a Boss delay pedal---maybe a DD-5 or DD-6---that he uses on a pretty regular basis. Sometimes, he has the delay time set so short that he might as well be using a reverb pedal instead.

Personally, I use my RV-3 mainly for reverb. I usually use it with my acoustic guitar to fill out the sound a little bit. A little bit of cathedral-type reverb really works wonders with my Ovation.

• Members
When jamming solo yes
:thu:

When performing, the venue itself almost ALWAYS provides enough natural reverb, sometimes too much. Why add anymore artificially?

I hear ya. Over saturated reverb in any venue can sound really artifical. It's also difficult to adjust the blend to match the room characteristics, aside from the fact that the sound guy might be adding more verb to your signal (which just compounds the issue).

I find myself setting reverb to a very low mix, perhaps no higher than 20% at most, and even then, it can sound saturated to the audience. But i think that rule applies to just about any effect you use?

• Members

I hear ya. Over saturated reverb in any venue can sound really artifical. It's also difficult to adjust the blend to match the room characteristics, aside from the fact that the sound guy might be adding more verb to your signal (which just compounds the issue).

I find myself setting reverb to a very low mix, perhaps no higher than 20% at most, and even then, it can sound saturated to the audience. But i think that rule applies to just about any effect you use?

Most of the bars I play in reverb washes out the tone. Crappy acoustics (and electricty, PA has {censored}ty sounding electricity, can't really explain, humbucker guitars buzz though) lots of wood and linoleum. ONE bar we play in I like some 'verb (I still have the stock reverb on my V18 and it stinks, Marshall and Fender amps have great reverb), but always have a smidge of long delay or slapback. It's a environmental thing. Love it on my recordings!

• Members

Most of the bars I play in reverb washes out the tone. Crappy acoustics (and electricty, PA has {censored}ty sounding electricity, can't really explain, humbucker guitars buzz though) lots of wood and linoleum. ONE bar we play in I like some 'verb (I still have the
stock reverb on my V18 and it stinks
, Marshall and Fender amps have great reverb), but always have a smidge of long delay or slapback. It's a environmental thing. Love it on my recordings!

I wouldnt say the V18 reverb stinks, but, it's very unique. I'm going to use it on my bands EP soon, with what, I dunno yet.

Archived