Anyone drop reverb for delay only?

schenkadere

• Members

I just have and I'm not missing it. Anyone else have similar experiences? I can only see the point if you're into surf music. I was just so used to using a splash of reverb that I didn't think I could do without...I just use an always on short delay(longer than slapback/echo)and it works nice for all my applications.

• Members

Why does this forum seem to believe that reverb = sloppy playing?

Poor playing with reverb is still poor playing...

It's just an effect like anything else you use.

Haha, I know reverb doesn't equal sloppy playing. For what I play at least, it make everything sound a lot better and covers up my lack of technique at times. Its no talent boost though, like you said, same as everything else.

• Members

i used the spring on my amps for years, having never felt the need to get any digital reverbs.. and I never really felt I needed to use them (spring or digital). I never felt inspired by them, and they seemed really noisy and mundane.

Tried the hardwire RV7 and haven't used those springs again. Those lexicon verbs sound just like the studio versions to me.

extreme comp settings + stereo rhythmic delay + modulated reverb at wet 100%, 100% bass tone, 100% decay is just... well... inspiring. )

• Members
'Misunderstood' would be more accurate
:)

I'm the other way. A splash of reverb makes everything sound better. I don't use delays.

I concur.

I'm playing without reverb for the first time ever, and it sounds boring. I only use a little bit, but it adds SO much to a dry signal.

Archived