OT: To tow, or not to two. That is the question.

Jisatsu

• Members

IMG00339.jpg

Seriously? I work 9pm to 6am and had to stay after work for mandatory training, so I pulled a 16 hour straight shift, getting my ass kicked in defensive tactics by specialty team members just to do my yearly recertification, and I come home to this hideous thing parked in my spot.

Hmmmm choices choices.

• Members

Any other time of the year I'd say tow... but xmas spirit and all, nobody really want a tow bill this time of the year.

Check if it has an alarm light flashing inside, if it does, kick or hit the car to make it go off.

Otherwise smash the window shift in to neutral and push that {censored} out of the way.

• Members

Any other time of the year I'd say tow... but xmas spirit and all, nobody really want a tow bill this time of the year.

Check if it has an alarm light flashing inside, if it does, kick or hit the car to make it go off.

Otherwise smash the window shift in to neutral and push that {censored} out of the way.

Have it towed. Let the towing company decide if they want to give a free pass to the car owner.

• Members
I'd rock the car until the alarm went off, then when they came out to check on it, I'd tell them they were illegally parked in my spot and had five minutes to move it or I'd have it towed.... and that the only reason I hadn't already done so was because of the holidays.
:cop:

Talking to people who are wrong and know they are wrong is always a recipe for disaster.

• Members

Well no alarm on that bitch, was thinking about doing that first. The vehicle sat for about an hour (at least the neighbor said it was about an hour before I got home that he noticed it there) and then I waited another hour while I was parked three blocks down waiting for my private property spot to open up.

So I decided I didn't want to wait any longer and called the towing company. The tow driver came out fast and took pictures showing their vehicle and the tow sign clearly marked.

Anyways the owner never contacted me or anything, so whatever. $1100/month for a house with a private drive and I can't even park there? Meh, hopefully they will learn.

Also Loobs, they don't show where I work on those lockup raw shows. :wave: We try not to encourage the poop slingers to show off for cameras. They are on use of force videos for the state enough as it is.

• Members

If you pay for your own private spot I'd be pretty pissed too. It has happened to me a few times and I just pulled up behind them, left a note saying to call me when they want to move their cars, and when they call I tell them next time it's getting towed. I'm a nice guy though.

Archived