How Does A Person Go About Getting A Sponsorship?

mikeoxlong

• Members

well I have 3 of those.... I was thinking of approaching them but I wouldn't know how to go about it without looking like a loser asking for free handouts

Send them a package. Include a short bio, some accomplishments, a demo CD (could be an interactive DVD), etc. The more unique yours is, the more theyll remember it.

• Members

What a lot of sponsorship deals are is just a discount. There are some total freebees, but it's mostly "artist price" on their gear.

Yeah I know a few guys who are sponsored by Fender and they get a 50% discount. That's a shame imo because Fender is so huge that they can afford to give away at least a single guitar and amp to their endorsers. But hey 50% aint bad.

• Members

Heres an example from the horses mouth at Caparison:

As you may know, we receive hundreds of requests for endorsements. At this time, our artist roster is very full. However, you may still send us a promo package for consideration.

This promo package must contain the following requirements:

1. A copy of your latest cd. Please, no cdr copies. Only professional, retail ready cds. Your band must be on a major or large indie label. It is also best if you have had a cd released in Japan.

2. A current photo print of yourself.

3. A list of your other endorsement companies.

4. A brief biography of yourself. Include your album history and past tours experience.

5. Your contact e-mail address.

As stated above, we have MANY requests for endorsement deals. We simply cannot respond to every request. We will contact you if we are able to work with you. Thank you for your understanding!

You can mail your artist promo package to:

XXXXXX

• Members

Send them a package. Include a short bio, some accomplishments, a demo CD (could be an interactive DVD), etc. The more unique yours is, the more theyll remember it.

yeah I might do that.... or at least visit the company if I am near there.

• Members

It all happened for a friend of mine's band when they got a national UK tour support with My Chemical Romance, as soon as they got that tour they got deals with Diezel amps, Framus guitars, Vans shoes and some trendy clothing company... it was their management that was approached by the companies though not them personally.

• Members
It all happened for a friend of mine's band when they got a national UK tour support with My Chemical Romance, as soon as they got that tour they got deals with Diezel amps, Framus guitars, Vans shoes and some trendy clothing company... it was their management that was approached by the companies though not them personally.

Sorry to hear about your friends band :lol: (my chemical romance wise)

• Members

Get a legit manager and it gets super easy to get endorsements.

You're looking at "B-Level" endorsements which will be artist pricing. 40-60% off. Ernie Ball is pretty easy to get. Fender isn't too bad. Pedal companies ARE NOT easy to get.

Just find the AR guy at the company you want and shoot him an email. Tell him you love his stuff, you use it XX% of the time and recommend it to everyone. Convince them your exposure and ability to represent them is worth 40% off of their stuff and you're in. As always, schmooze it and play it up.

A-Level is super discounts and free stuff and usually exclusive deals. They're pretty hard to get and basically IMPOSSIBLE to get from the BIG companies. Find an upstart company and you can score free stuff though. Our old guitar player got a few free guitars from Michael Kelly. Not a huge score but free stuff is free stuff.

It's the same as booking shows. Just send out enough emails and you'll land something.

But a manager does all of this for you. Managers make being in a band so much easier.

Brandon-

• Members

Get a legit manager and it gets super easy to get endorsements.

You're looking at "B-Level" endorsements which will be artist pricing. 40-60% off. Ernie Ball is pretty easy to get. Fender isn't too bad. Pedal companies ARE NOT easy to get.

Just find the AR guy at the company you want and shoot him an email. Tell him you love his stuff, you use it XX% of the time and recommend it to everyone. Convince them your exposure and ability to represent them is worth 40% off of their stuff and you're in. As always, schmooze it and play it up.

A-Level is super discounts and free stuff and usually exclusive deals. They're pretty hard to get and basically IMPOSSIBLE to get from the BIG companies. Find an upstart company and you can score free stuff though. Our old guitar player got a few free guitars from Michael Kelly. Not a huge score but free stuff is free stuff.

It's the same as booking shows. Just send out enough emails and you'll land something.

But a manager does all of this for you. Managers make being in a band so much easier.

Brandon-

yeah I'll get my manager on this asap..

• Members

Like them or not, do you realize how much publicity they received?

yeah, it was a massive break for them at the time. They weren't fans of MCR but when you are playing {censored}ty little london venues week in week out, you don't turn down an offer to tour the country playing to thousands. I have video footage of them playing Brixton Acadamy in front of 5000 people, it's nuts.

• Members
I'd try to shoot for smaller companies. First Act has handed out a lot of sponsorships to smaller bands. Only problem I could for see is that their guitars are like 4k already.

They endorse Brandon Hackler also! :wave:

GREAT GREAT GREAT company. They have scaled back their custom shop operation. No more custom shop guitars being mass produced. It's by order only now apparently and their head luthier left and went back to Gibson my sources tell me.

But I have 4 of their guitars and 1 of their tube amps and I love them so much.

Archived