Does anyone else think Guns n Roses is over-rated?

mikeoxlong

• Members

I mean I like appetite a lot.... but I honestly do not care for Axel's voice.... maybe it's because he is such an incredible douche bag... i dunno, I just think they are over rated.

Chinese Democracy? Give me a break..... his next album is said to be released in 2023.

• Members

He has a {censored}ing awful voice....

Slash was/is pretty cool though... and the others too in fact, Izzy, Duff....... Axel kinda ruined the whole thing for me, I would have liked them if he wasn't whining all over the songs.

• Members

Guns N Roses got me interested in playing guitar, and in fact rock music in general. My the first time I heard Welcome to the Jungle it was so unlike anything I had ever heard before.

I think they get knocked a bunch now because of how prolific Slash has become and the whole Guitar Hero thing, and how Axl has acted for the past ten years. Oh and by Guns N' Roses I mean the classic lineup. Chinese Democracy isn't bad, it's just not Guns.

They were THE badass band of the late 80's.

• Members

Nightrain is a badass song, and most of their old stuff is good. Paradise City blows nuts. Chinese Democracy is some other band entirely, but has some cool solos, most of the songs suck though.

i think for the first album there was that energy and band chemistry you get from jamming, which made great songs and collaborations, but when ego's started looming and that initial spark was gone it just turned into self indulgent dribble.

• Members

Never quite understood how Slash got so highly rated, especially considering his unchallenged lack of versatility. I caught the Michael Jackson 30th anniversary show on TV over the Christmas holidays and was outraged by the giant dump Slash took on Black Or White with his {censored}ty, cliched minor pentatonic licks over a major key song (oh, and his tone is abysmal here too):

I can't for the life of me get that YouTube link to work, sorry.

Aside from that I think Axel has an absolutely horrific voice at the best of times and sounds at least 80 years of age. I guess the rhythm section are okay. Ish.

Rant over.

Archived