Help me not be socially awkward.

mis5dis6gis7

• Members

First semester in college worked backwards from what I thought it was gong to. I'm down to like 6 or 7 friends. I don't even like some of them. How do I meet some new people? There is a girl in my pre-calc class I want to get to know but everyway I think about talking it makes me feel creepy.

Also, should I get the DLS or not?

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Talk about her....

Ask general questions...

What I have learned in my life, if your socially awkward now, you'll always be somewhat socially awkward. You just need to find people whom share common interests and can deal with it.

Don't feel soo bad, I hate about 4 out of 6 of my suitemates.

• Members

If you don't have no confidence..

Well, you won't get far.

*which seems the case*

my problem exactly. im scared to death whenever i talk to girls (or anyone really....but especially girls) that i dont know or am not already in the friend zone with i just end up doing really dumb crap or just doing an awkward wave or head nod then walking away. im my own worst enemy

• Members

my problem exactly. im scared to death whenever i talk to girls (or anyone really....but especially girls) that i dont know or am not already in the friend zone with i just end up doing really dumb crap or just doing an awkward wave or head nod then walking away. im my own worst enemy

I having trouble getting started with people. Once I have talked to them a few times it gets pretty easy for me.

• Members

Ehh, girls aren't worth the headache anyways... Best thing you can do is have a group of friends that you can be really comfortable around, comfort=confidence, then approach the girls. I just talk to girls like I would anyone else, like a sarcastic asshole (but not TOO sarcastic, and I only make fun of or am sarcastic about myself, don't want to make the girl self conscious).

• Members

Dude seriously all you have to do is compliment her and let her talk about her self, chicks love talking about their self, and their crap ( jewelry, cloths)
once you get that ball rolling start building momentum on the "REAL" conversation, like whats each others story where she is from, where you are from.

If you are ballsy enough to just speak to a pretty girl, thats all you need I promise :thu:

• Members

Ehh, girls aren't worth the headache anyways... Best thing you can do is have a group of friends that you can be really comfortable around, comfort=confidence, then approach the girls. I just talk to girls like I would anyone else, like a sarcastic asshole (but not TOO sarcastic, and I only make fun of or am sarcastic about myself, don't want to make the girl self conscious).

I have a friend that you hide form any and all girls. I dunno what that poor guy is going to do with his life.

• Members

Wow apparently I hit 7000 posts, and did not celebrate it... honestly that makes me feel like I should put the computer down and go find a lady friend to talk to. mehhh...

Oh, and being comfortable with the way you look also ='s confidence... if you compared me in high school to me now you'd laugh, it takes a conscious effort but it's well worth it in the end. A girl being attracted to you in the first place is the best icebreaker of all time, there is no better.

Archived