I just discovered compression!

C Fuzz

• Members
I don't really care about the lack of a 9v jack, i have one of those very handy Visual Sound 9v adapters.
:):thu:

from analogman's site.

Be careful running a power supply directly to the battery clip in these. It can cause some really weird noises. Use TheGigRig VBAT-BC and that will fix it. Or you can use a Z Vex power plate, the noise filtering in that will work too.
When we add the optional power jack, we include the filtering so there will be no problem.

• Members
I only recently "found" compression myself... I dont like the squishy comps though, not really useful for what i play. But the the tube comp model on the M13 is now ALWAYS on. Its made my guitar sound so much fuller and alive.

THIS!! I've never used compression (tried different ones through the years and thought :idk: ) but the the tube comp model on my M9 has made me think I need something like it outboard. The Black Finger has already been brought up, any other good ones?

• Members

What is it that people liked about the original MXR? And (why) is the current model so different?

Unobtanium and bragging rights.

If it was a brand spanking new pedal with no led and crappy bypass....

It would be slammed by the nitpickers.

Keep in mind, I'm cynical.

Archived