I just discovered compression!

C Fuzz

• Members

I tried an Arion compressor a few years ago and didn't get it. I just got a a bunch of Dano food pedals in a trade and a Surf N Turf was in the lot. I don't know how to describe what it does but I really like it!

BTW I'm now running one of those Dano 5 space pedal boards.. Surf N Turf-Chilli Dog-French Toast-Pepperoni-PB & J. :thu:

• Members
I discovered a long time ago the best compression in the world is from wringing the last volt out of a tube rectifier. Unfortunately my neighbors do not agree with me on this.
:mad:

Agreed. This is why the EhX BlackFinger is indispensable to me. It's the closest I get to a maxxed out tube rectifier tone without the socially unacceptable volumes (or the hearing damage)

• Members

I only recently "found" compression myself... I dont like the squishy comps though, not really useful for what i play. But the the tube comp model on the M13 is now ALWAYS on. Its made my guitar sound so much fuller and alive.

• Members
CS-2.jpg

my personal favorite

Yep, mine too! Looks like the CS-2 is owning this thread now. My favourite setting, Amplifier Worship, is vol - 2:30, attack about 12:00 and sustain at 1:30. I find when the compressor is on that gives me about the same volume I would have got from a hard strum, and it gives me warm and rounded sustaining notes in single note riffs.

• Members

Yep, mine too! Looks like the CS-2 is owning this thread now. My favourite setting, Amplifier Worship, is vol - 2:30, attack about 12:00 and sustain at 1:30. I find when the compressor is on that gives me about the same volume I would have got from a hard strum, and it gives me warm and rounded sustaining notes in single note riffs.

My fav too (although I've only ever had 3 compressors). Your setting is pretty much identical to mine :thu:

How are the BYOC compressors? I like my CS2 but wish it could be a tad quieter at high sustain settings.

• Members

Hey thanks for that, I'll give it a shot tomorrow. :thu:

• Members

Compression rules!

The Surf N Turf is awesome on my Dano board.. but I want to add a compressor to my bigger board, not more than $100, are pedals like the EH Nano Soul Preacher or MXR Dyna Comp better than the Dano (besides build quality)?

Thanks.

Archived