Nintendo unimpressed with iPad

RoboPimp

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I love my MacBook and my iPod Touch. Both are great products, and have withstood a lot of abuse.

I agree that the iPad is not the leap forward that everyone was hoping for. It seems more like a response to the Kindle.

I can see it being more useful for educational institutions as the virtualizing of instructional content seems to be on the not-so-distant horizon. It sure beats carrying around a backpack full of $200 textbooks that get thrown out every few years. What an f'in waste :facepalm:

• Members

If there is wide spread support for textbooks while I'm still in school I'll buy one is a second. It's only a tiny bit more expensive than my books for one semester. I was dumb and bought all new my last semester, 500 bucks, got a 100 back selling them to the bookstore. {censored}ing racket.

I didn't do a hell of a lot better buying used off amazon.

And I can do other stuff with the iPad, and it'll be useful once I'm done with school.

• Members

I love my MacBook and my iPod Touch. Both are great products, and have withstood a lot of abuse.

I agree that the iPad is not the leap forward that everyone was hoping for. It seems more like a response to the Kindle.

I can see it being more useful for educational institutions as the virtualizing of instructional content seems to be on the not-so-distant horizon. It sure beats carrying around a backpack full of $200 textbooks that get thrown out every few years. What an f'in waste
:facepalm:

Fwiw, I've never thrown a textbook away. I've only sold back a few reallly lame subjects but I still have all of my books from school.

• Members

im sure they will find a way to make you have a purchased license for your e-reader/Ipad that will cost just as much as the texts books were. :cry:

AS for the Ipad. It seems like a cool gadget. Obviously not a laptop replacement. But tablet notebooks have been around for a decade. They will be popular again and this thing will be a distant dream.

I expect a tablet macbook pro in the next two years. The people at Mac arnt dummies. They know most of their customer base are dummies though, and will buy whatever has an apple logo on it. ;)

• Members

no, but it has an e-book reader in it. the kindle can't do textbooks because its only black and white, but a lot of people are hoping textbook companies will offer cheaper digital versions of books.

I really doubt you're going to save much money on textbooks by buying the iPad. After all, X textbook doesn't cost $100 just because of printing costs. I can't see the motivation for a textbook publisher to sell it as an e-book at a huge discount.

• Members

I really doubt you're going to save much money on textbooks by buying the iPad. After all, X textbook doesn't cost $100 just because of printing costs. I can't see the motivation for a textbook publisher to sell it as an e-book at a huge discount.

My prediction is that they will have to, much like what has happened to the music industry. Will they fight it? Damn straight they will, but competitors will find a way to undercut their efforts.

Check it out!

http://www.cblohm.com/news/DiscEd/DE_100114/

• Members

I'm only in my second semester. All my books from last semester were useless to me. Basic gen ed stuff. I'm probably gonna keep my intro to music book, some great info in there. Maybe keep my art book, not sure.

My math book is of no use, and i'm not gonna be a history major after this semester, so I really don't need to keep those books.

But your university has book buy-backs doesn't it? Every semester, a representative from a 2nd hand book distro would come to my university and purchase textbooks that were being used for the upcoming semester.

• Members

But your university has book buy-backs doesn't it? Every semester, a representative from a 2nd hand book distro would come to my university and purchase textbooks that were being used for the upcoming semester.

yeah and here we get upwards of TEN dollars for a 130$ book.

chegg ftw

• Members

wii is pretty innovative.

The Wii is. But thats when Nintendo decided to make a more family-oriented entertainment device. Sega was the first to use cd drives, memory cards, hard drives, Sega did a lot. Pretty much Sega would release a system and the other companies would wait for it to fail and then just copy their designs.

Archived