Holy Shhh Katy Perry...

BTBAM

• Members

PJ Harvey wasn't exactly anything to write home about with her first album. Like I said, she could start writing music that's more substantial or she could go the same way she's going and just make one more album and disappear.

The band is VERY reminiscent of PJ's current live band. If you watched the video you might get it.

I did watch it, why did you assume I hadn't?

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Except she completely abandoned her name from her first record and started fresh with no reference to religion with 'One of the Boys.' You can try to act like being the child of evangelists is related but it isn't at all. It couldn't be further distanced. If anything her second single completely obliterated any support she would have had in that community.

The "machine" I'm referring to is the pop music one. Not a christian one.

• Members
You admire that she successfully wrote boring music
:confused:

Nope, nope nope. I just admire her for making so much money in the music biz.
I'm sure the gorgeous body is part of the story- it can't be the riveting (NOT), shocking (NOT), transgressive (NOT) songwriting. She markets her act really well.

• Members
You're right. She is the hands down winner of the special Olympics.

Viva la corporate cultural atrophy
:love:

thank you. THANK YOU sausagefoot for being a voice of reason.

I sort of want to write a long rambling essay explaining why we should publicly shun anyone who listens to her album, but I'll just say, maybe somewhat cryptically, that she's on the wrong side of the fence. Desperate times DO NOT call for sassy catchy disposible pop.

• Members

There is something about her that I find sexy and irresistable, even when I first saw her I knew she was my new sweet tart, I can't really put my finger on it as to why she is so freaking attractive to me aswell as so many other men I mean she dosn't have a banging body and her face is wiered, still she is the hottest girl I have seen I the media, my guess is she is an alien being sent her to steal our hearts ;)=

Archived