OT: What a phony ... ! a.k.a. The KSS Political Super Thread

• Replies 799
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys, just exchange PMs and MSN addresses and have a chat.

This thread have been plagued of the same content some of the most active participants in here have reported in the past.

I'm not closing it but I will if the {censored}-fest and name calling continues endlessly.

Your call, gentlemen.

• Members

After reading much of the last few pages, I'm seriously considering martyring myself right here in this very thread. I just can't believe that absolute bull{censored} that is being posted here....Viva Hugo Chavez!

The thing Drool is that I have given you numbers and facts and you couldn

• Members

Guys, just exchange PMs and MSN addresses and have a chat.

This thread have been plagued of the same content some of the most active participants in here have reported in the past.

I'm not closing it but I will if the {censored}-fest and name calling continues endlessly.

Your call, gentlemen.

Enough?

• Members

I know you are very glad to have found a spelling error on my part - shall I make fun of your grammar? The problem with both spelling and grammar is that they are for the most part, irrelevant to whether someone is expressing an idea coherently or not, and it is generally considered rude to point out such mistakes. Another indication to me that you're a child.

NO, droolmaster. He is absolutely right. This is not a spelling error on your part - you have written it like that in several of your posts. It is ignorance, on your part, of how the name of a country you think you know so much about, is written - and it's a typical mistake of how an American kid such yourself would write this word. After all, you might have confused it with the District of Columbia. No wonder they call North Americans "gringos". You are a prime example of a gringo.

Not a spelling error, but ignorance. Have you ever lived in that country? He does. Yet you claim to know more about Colombia than he does. Why don't you go live there for a while, and then come back to tell us how it really is? Why don't you move to China, or Cuba, and report back a couple of years from now and let us know how you liked it?

• Members

You've given me propaganda ravings - not any kind of real numbers. I posted some evidence. If you want to seriously learn something, go from there.

I will say bad things about the United States. The United States is an imperialist country that lies to its own people, uses propaganda more efficiently as a weapon than any other nation in history, is responsible for millions and millions of deaths wordwide in the last 50 years, is the only nation to have used nuclear weapons on civilians, and is hated by much of the world's population. It cloaks its vicious policies in language of 'freedom' and 'democracy', when any in depth research will reveal that it couldn't care less about those things. Hugo Chavez has dared to defy the United States, and now he must be demonized by our government, and as its propaganda organ, the press.

I asked you once before, based on the arguments that you post - are you 14?

I know you are very glad to have found a spelling error on my part - shall I make fun of your grammar? The problem with both spelling and grammar is that they are for the most part, irrelevant to whether someone is expressing an idea coherently or not, and it is generally considered rude to point out such mistakes. Another indication to me that you're a child.

Drool the problem is that your example of Venezuela is not the best example. Why don

• Members

NO, droolmaster. He is absolutely right. This is not a spelling error on your part - you have written it like that in several of your posts. It is ignorance, on your part, of how the name of a country you think you know so much about, is written - and it's a typical mistake of how an American kid such yourself would write this word. After all, you might have confused it with the District of Columbia. No wonder they call North Americans "gringos". You are a prime example of a gringo.

Not a spelling error, but ignorance. Have you ever lived in that country? He does. Yet you claim to know more about Colombia than he does. Why don't you go live there for a while, and then come back to tell us how it really is? Why don't you move to China, or Cuba, and report back a couple of years from now and let us know how you liked it?

What a joke. YOu know what? YOu post me privately and tell me that I'm almost banned for insulting people, and yet you can insult me with impunity. And no - it was a simple spelling mistake - I posted the spelling of Columbia University, because, well, I suppose I was simply just not paying attention. I never claimed to know more about Colombia than he does - I posted on specific matters, and I don't think I was incorrect on any of them.

You're a {censored}ing hypocrite - as I said - you're itching to ban me. So now you'll do it. {censored} you. Great moderator you are.

• Members

What a joke. YOu know what? YOu post me privately and tell me that I'm almost banned for insulting people, and yet you can insult me with impunity. And no - it was a simple spelling mistake - I posted the spelling of Columbia University, because, well, I suppose I was simply just not paying attention. I never claimed to know more about Colombia than he does - I posted on specific matters, and I don't think I was incorrect on any of them.

You're a {censored}ing hypocrite - as I said - you're itching to ban me. So now you'll do it. {censored} you. Great moderator you are.

Haha! You are laughable! :D Very entertaining! I am laughing my heart out as I'm reading this LOL!!!!!1!!

Again, you demonstrate that you know absolutely nothing about Colombia, the Spanish language, or Latin America. The word 'gringo' is not an insult. Again, you show your absolute ignorance - admit it, you don't know what gringo means, and you thought it was an insult! You are really an immature child - grow up, buddy

OR, if you meant that the "attack" was on calling you an ignorant, that is not an insult either. I was simply pointing out your evident ignorance on a subject - get over it.

LOL - you are funny!

• Members

And by the way, I have used the same tactic you use on all other people here. People are tired of you - understand?? Gus and I get complaints about you all the effin time - so learn to be civil, learn to take criticism when it's justified, and admit for once that you are not omniscient - it's part of growing up - how old are you, by the way? You certainly haven't reached the age of maturity yet - if you can't take justified criticism and cry mommy because you think the bad wolf moderator doesn't like you - I could care less about you - all I'm here for, is to make sure the KSS members are not abused by a kid with an attitude problem.

And no, I'm not banning you - I don't care if you really insult me like you just did - you have one more chance, the next KSS member you insult, you're out for three months.

Grow up, gringo

• Members

:snax:

Well - I always thought 'gringo' had a negative connotation too.

I'm much more used to seeing and using Columbia than Colombia, so I might have made that mistake also.

In a political thread, when you speak of a country, you're usually referring to its policies and possibly its leaders, and not the citizens of that country, unless you specify that.

Drool - you're one argumentative cuss, and I don't agree with some of your tactics, but you ain't all bad either.

Paolo - are you sure you're a moderator. :lol: I'm glad you're letting this thread go though. There's quite a few pages of pent up stuff here.

I'm tired too. :wave:

I am a {censored}ing latino, ok? I know about "gringos".

Yes, it is a disrespectful way to call them by the origin of the word: GREEN-GO ("get the {censored} out of here, you greens"), from the war against mexico maaany years ago.

... but nowadays no one gets offended because its called "gringo". Come on :lol:

It is a generic way, latin-america wide, to name the citizens of the US. That is, because they are not "Americans" given we all are. Not even "north americans" because Mexico is a part of North America, too. So... "Gringos" is quite understandable.

• Members

And by the way, I have used the same tactic you use on
all
other people here. People are tired of you - understand?? Gus and I get complaints about you all the effin time - so learn to be civil, learn to take criticism when it's justified, and admit for once that you are not omniscient - it's part of growing up - how old are you, by the way? You certainly haven't reached the age of maturity yet - if you can't take justified criticism and cry mommy because you think the bad wolf moderator doesn't like you - I could care less about you - all I'm here for, is to make sure the KSS members are not abused by a kid with an attitude problem.

And no, I'm not banning you - I don't care if you
really
insult me like you just did - you have one more chance, the next KSS member you insult, you're out for three months.

Grow up, gringo

I"m probably older than you are, hypocrite. I can certainly be criticized for a spelling mistake - and I'm certainly sorry if that spelling mistake by itself offended anyone. But to connect that mistake to an attitude on my part is off the wall. That isn't criticism, and certainly not justified criticism. And from everything I know,'gringo' is a disparaging term. you are doing exactly what you want to ban me for.

Oh, by the way - pighood is a retarded asshole. That good enough?

• Members

I am a {censored}ing latino, ok? I know about "gringos".

Yes, it is a disrespectful way to call them by the origin of the word: GREEN-GO (
"get the {censored} out of here, you greens"
), from the war against mexico maaany years ago.

... but nowadays no one gets offended because its called "gringo". Come on
:lol:

It is a generic way, latin-america wide, to name the citizens of the US. That is, because they are not "
Americans
" given we all are. Not even "
north americans
" because Mexico is a part of North America, too. So... "Gringos" is quite understandable.

The entire context of his post was to use the term in a disparaging way. I can't read his post in any other way. I'd say it's one of the most flagrantly offensive posts I've read on this forum. It's all in the context. My black friends wouldn't get offended if I called them 'nigger' because they would know that it's banter. But if I called them that out of anger, that's totally, totally different. It's all in the context. And the context of Paolo's post was totally clear.

• Members

LOL!! This gets even better! I am sitting here laughing my heart out!! I didn't think it was possible, but you did it again! You are fantastic.

When you run out of arguments, you are solely capable of offending your opponents - you do this on a regular basis with everybody here.

In my book, "ignorant" and "gringo" are not offenses. Not sure if you have ever studied Latin - I have - five years in high school. "Ignorant" comes from the latin verb "ignorare", which means to ignore, to not know; I think we can all agreee that if somebody tells another person they don't know something, it is not an offense. English is my second language (my mother tongue being Italian), but the words "{censored} you", instead, ring like one.

I demonstrated to you that you didn't know how to write the name of a country you claim to know so much about - and played on the fact that many "gringos" - intended - in my words - are simply foreigners who are oblivious to the country they are visiting, and expect to eat McDonalds in Mexico, want a Starbucks around the corner, and make zero effort to absorb the culture - you know what I mean? Yet, you take that as an offense also.

It is evident to me that you when you are cornered by factual evidence, you only know how to resort to name calling, and your fine argumentative style goes out of the window... oh, but I forgot - you don't like to argue.

LOL - congratulations, you make smile and I thank you for that
:)

The root of a word can help explain its etymology, but doesn't always explain its use in context. In the English language, if you call someone ignorant, it is generally meant, and understood as an insult. Are we into trumping each others education now? I'm not into that game, but believe me, I've had a good deal of it. You absolutely intended to insult me, and you did, you did it from your position as a moderator, and now you're enjoying what you believe is a public consensus top continue that in public. Totally inappropriate of a moderator. {censored} you. Again.

I'm not sure of the factual evidence that you've presented or are referring to. And all of your examples of the use of gringo are disparaging and insulting. I would NEVER use terms like that to refer to people. But that's just me.

And you are basing this on a spelling mistake? You're really a piece of work.

Nope, amigo. You are not winning this one.

Gringo = from the US.

There is no offensive / friendly way.

If you want to feel offended because they let you know you dont know how to write COLOMBIA -which shows how ignorant people in the US can be about the rest of the world, and that is very common, no particular offense or reference- and then, feel offended because he called you "gringo" is a different story.

Paolo is WAY more nice, moderate and friendly to what I have ever been here... so I'm not buying that he wrote "one of the most flagrantly offensive posts" in the forum.

Let's just close this thread. Too much damage, no constructive stuff.

We can keep the discussion on Private Messages.

I apologize to the rest of the forumites for allowing a thread get this low. But then, it was clear that the so-called "self-moderation" many have claimed in the past is not really working -at least, not this time-.

Archived